Mercury Cougar Owners banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
166 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What kindd of tool would I use to put the trunk torsion bar back in place? Its a bit hard to to by hand. And maybe, is there a certain procedure to doing this without ripping my arm off? Thanks

·
Registered
329 Posts
I have a step by step info on how to adjust put back and replace.It's 5 pages with photos I can fax or mail to you.:D Let me know how you want me to send.I got this info from CCOA about 3 years ago in shop talk not sure how long it this info is [email protected]

·
Registered
1,056 Posts
Speaking of tension bars....The 67 manual indicate that a properly adjusted trunk lid should just come up a bit when unlatched and stay up when it is brought to that position. Even at the weakest adjustment...my lid still "springs" right to the top!! I seem to recall it being the same on my first 67?? But that was a long time ago. Any suggestions????????

·
Registered
5,299 Posts
bruter said:
Speaking of tension bars....The 67 manual indicate that a properly adjusted trunk lid should just come up a bit when unlatched and stay up when it is brought to that position. Even at the weakest adjustment...my lid still "springs" right to the top!! II seem to recal it being the same on my first 67?? But that was a long time ago. Any suggestions????????
ok ok you are lucky i guess, my 69 decklid wont stay up even with the trunk chome and the weatherstripping off. and by the way, what notch is the strongest one?? i would rather have it too springy than its current state of saggyness gets annoying when im pulling stuff out of there and it whaps me in the head

·
Registered
1,056 Posts
Hey sixt9, I hear ya...knocking ones head is no fun, especially when you do it often. :mad: It seems the adjustment closest to the back seat is the weakest one. I tried leaving one off...then it acted as yours is now...didn't stay up. There's got to be a happy medium somewhere?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts