Mercury Cougar Owners banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ladies/Gents,

I've seen several sources offering the trunk drop-off panels for sale (so the trunk mat lies flat over the trunk drop-off areas on each side), but I'm unsure how they're installed. Are they welded to the corners where the trunk drops off? Based on the photos, I see no other means by which to install them.

Thanks,

DCL

·
Premium Member
13,577 Posts
Ladies/Gents,

I've seen several sources offering the trunk drop-off panels for sale (so the trunk mat lies flat over the trunk drop-off areas on each side), but I'm unsure how they're installed. Are they welded to the corners where the trunk drops off? Based on the photos, I see no other means by which to install them.

Thanks,

DCL
Yes, that's correct. What I did was to leave about 1/4" of the part of the drop off at the top, cut the drop-off lips off and tucked them right up into the corner from underneath. Welded from outside (quarters were off) and put a little seam sealer in the corner underneath. Undetectable. Make sure you use the correct piece for the side you are working on, the depressions go the opposite way from Mustang (at least on 69). You can find pictures and narrative of this work in my ECI thread.

Regards,

Bob

1 - 3 of 3 Posts