Mercury Cougar Owners banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
356 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
One of my projects on vert is to restore sunvisor bracket and header trim. What I have work with is in poor condition. NOS is way to expensive. It seems the brackets are painted, is it like that from the factory? If so what is the correct color? The header strip I have has scratches in it and some rust, could I polish on my wheel. If so what componds would I use. Any experiences or advice would be greatly appreciated.:1zhelp:

·
Registered
2,691 Posts
I'm in the same boat. I contacted Don Rush for an extra header piece---- the INSIDE part that's painted a silver-gray color. Mine's bubbly. He said it's not uncommon. I think it needs to be sanded and repainted. The OUTSIDE pieces are stainless steel and will buff out nicely.

I'll have to look at it again, I don't remember if the brackets are chrome or painted.

·
Registered
885 Posts
The rod is chrome, and the INSIDE part you're talking about is the bracket. Someone told me the bracket was chromed, but I doubt that is the case. Mine is pockmarked also. When I redo it I'll probably chrome it along with the rod.

Steve C.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts