Mercury Cougar Owners banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Can someone tell me what the name of the chrome and rubber piece is that is between the door glass and the quarter glass. I have a 69 XR-7 and am having a hard time finding this piece. If anyone know where I could get one, that would be even better.

Thanks!
Steve

·
Premium Member
2,048 Posts
Steve,

You can contact John or Dee at John's Classic Cougar's. They sell a reproduction of that "Window Trim Weatherstripping". It's an excellent repro. I put them on my 69 XR7...

In fact, I got my complete weatherstrip kit from them and was extremely happy with it.

John's Classic Cougars is listed in the Links section on this site.

·
Registered
698 Posts
Logan
I don't think the stainless trim piece is part of the weather strip package.
The mustangs have a piece like this that is a little longer than the 69 Cougar, and they sell for big bucks. Hard to find.

·
Registered
1,832 Posts
The mustang has the stainless on the quarter window not the door glass. At least I know the fastback is that way, I'm not sure about the coupe. Anyway I'm sure John has some used stainless if needed.mm

·
Premium Member
2,048 Posts
Ooops. I misunderstood. I thought he just needed the weatherstripping. If you need the metal, I'd say, "Good Luck"... Better off just finding some used door glass.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks for all the good info. I do need both the chrome piece and the weatherstriping. I contacted John's Classic Cougar's, I can get the weatherstriping for $15 and a used chrome piece for $75. I need the drivers side. This is the best offer I'v seen so far. We have a huge car swap meet coming up Sept. 8th, so I might get lucky there. Thanks again for all the help.

My website is http://home.columbus.rr.com/cougar69/ but I haven't updated it in about 6 to 8 months, the engine is now in.

Steve

1 - 8 of 8 Posts