Mercury Cougar Owners banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
406 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Are the transmission fluid dip-sticks long like the oil dip-stick or short like the power steering dip-stick - on a C4 transmission? Some one said that mine is wrong because it's short like on a power steering pump, but i don't know, it looks right, and if it is correct I need some transmission badly. Thanks all - Chad

·
Registered
266 Posts
It should be long, possibly longer than the oil dip stick. Looks like some dip stick has been working on your car. Also, if fluid is registering on the little dip stick, you have way too much fluid in your tranny.

·
Registered
406 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
this troubles me greatly - I need a new dip stick now - oh well, just a few bucks. The dip stick says transmission on it and has the little check lines on it, but I did find it odd that the the transmission fluid would go all the way up into the tube instead of the dip-stick reaching down into the pan. Ok thanks for answering my question - maybe I don't need transmission fluid afterall - shifts fine but still need to check. Thanks again - Chad
P.S. - Put my seats in my car. Today was the first time in over three months that I drove my car. Great day - The car handles great with all the upgrades i've made:D

·
Registered
215 Posts
dip stick

the dip stick on the c-4 is 20" long
from the tip to the cap on the stick

<----20"------->]---O

1 - 4 of 4 Posts