Mercury Cougar Owners banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Did a quick search but didn't really find anything. Has anyone bought through these guys? They are selling rebuilt aod's on eBay with converter for pretty good prices. My local shop wants 1400 just for a stock rebuild. I'm a little hesitant buying something like this online though. Thanks.
Sorry I would've posted a link but don't have the computer smarts.

·
Registered
628 Posts
I haven't heard anything about them but their prices seem pretty reasonable. I just bought a new AOD trans and converter with a 90 day warranty from TCI for $2500. I wish now that I had done some independent research, I just wanted my car back on the road as soon as possible. I'm sure I could have found everything I needed at a little bit lower price and with a better warranty.

My old trans failed due to the pump going starving the system of fluid. The shops in my area wanted about $1500 to rebuild it. All my friends recommended TCI for their AOD so I stayed with them.

·
Registered
11,950 Posts
1,500 is about average for a shop rebuild nowadays. It doesn't take anymore work to upgrade components just a few extra bucks - so, 2k-2.5k isn't real bad if you get one from TCI/B&M/Art Carr/etc....and you get a warranty, but they typically only cover parts on that. I got mine out of a bone yard truck (or was it a van) and ordered the Red Eagle clutches/hardened input shaft and had the shop build it for me (about 8 years ago) for 1,200 or so. There are a lot of options out there on them, so do your homework before you pull the trigger. Be sure to match the cam and TC so you get the best you can out of the combo, because it will be pretty important in the end. (I went from a built FMX to AOD and love it!)

1 - 3 of 3 Posts