Mercury Cougar Owners banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
145 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone know if there were any 1969 or 1970 cougars that competed in trans am in '69 or '70? And if so do you know where I can find some photos? Thanks.

·
Registered
168 Posts
From what i read

I read in the ccoa letter that it was only in 67 Ford killed it in 68 because they didn't want any competition for the mustang.

·
Premium Member
414 Posts
I just ran across an article about the Trans-Am series Cougars in Auto Week, April 3, 2000 edition. Good comprehensive article. I'll scan it tonight and post it here.:D

·
Premium Member
414 Posts
Here is the link to the article. I converted it to Adobe Acrobat format. You will have to go to our web site and click on the link on the left that says downloads. The file size is 480kb so be patient if you have a dial up modem. Web site address is http://www.kyianacougars.org

Let me know what you think.:D

·
Premium Member
3,404 Posts
Thanx alot, thats cool. Just need 2 carbs for my low riser, suspension is all done, then I race. ( sorry guys, its the Fairlane). Here's a picture of it now, imagine the dual 4 low riser in place of the single. I will be using the air cleaner assembly, already made a bottom plate, and will be using the 3 in. K&N filter. Cool eh.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
414 Posts
Pretty nice. Wish I had another cat to play around with or the money.:)

1 - 10 of 10 Posts