1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Premium Member
646 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
Registered
7,552 Posts
can you post those other pictures? I can't buy the car, but am always interested in anything that is cougar/trans am related...

·
Registered
1,204 Posts
I'd love to see those pics too. Maybe in the high performance thread or something :) Up to you. thanks man.

·
Premium Member
646 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Let me see what I can do. They are large pixel so take some room.

·
Premium Member
646 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Let me try this and see if it works. System would only let me post five.
IMG_1422.jpg IMG_1425.jpg IMG_1427.jpg IMG_1428.jpg IMG_1429.jpg

·
Premium Member
268 Posts
Talked with the owner and I think I want to get it. He will be sending more pics and info tomorrow. I hope to go look at it Tuesday. I wonder what it would take to make it street legal? Does anyone know who originally built it? Owner said it came from California. I don' t think this is the Wrecks to Riches cougar done by Barry White. Owner says he has extensive paper work and logs for racing. I wasn't planning on doing any racing this soon, but I think this would be a cost effective way to get involved now. The car I am working on now is just a driver. Put floor pans in it and in the process of completing the body work. No big investments yet (paint, motor, trans, and suspension), so I'll sell it or store it.

·
Registered
1,112 Posts
I wasn't planning on doing any racing this soon, but I think this would be a cost effective way to get involved now.
Greg,
If you are thinking about getting into Vintage Racing, I would speak to someone with the vintage race club that you would be getting involved with. You want to make sure the car is acceptable to them. Just because it is allowed by one vintage race organization doesn't mean it can run with another. Every club has it's own set of rules. The club I run with would have a problem with the modern 5 speed, the 351 and the huge fender flares. Other clubs may not care. But, you should find out before investing your money, in my opinion.

Good luck!

·
Premium Member
646 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Talked with the owner and I think I want to get it. He will be sending more pics and info tomorrow. I hope to go look at it Tuesday. I wonder what it would take to make it street legal? Does anyone know who originally built it? Owner said it came from California. I don' t think this is the Wrecks to Riches cougar done by Barry White. Owner says he has extensive paper work and logs for racing. I wasn't planning on doing any racing this soon, but I think this would be a cost effective way to get involved now. The car I am working on now is just a driver. Put floor pans in it and in the process of completing the body work. No big investments yet (paint, motor, trans, and suspension), so I'll sell it or store it.
As I said before, if I wasn't so deep into mine on the spendometer, I would be taking a serious look. As posted later in this thread, vintage racing orgs may take issue with it. But for open track days, HPDE, or some types of club racing, it is a super nice car to go with.

·
Registered
1,204 Posts
Street legal requirements are probably a lot diff down in the states than they are up here in Canada but it would take some work to get that car street legal here in Alberta. Here the guys want door panels, fully working and attached window cranks (netting is not acceptable) wiring must be "protected" (ie covered and not exposed).

Good luck.

·
Registered
2,036 Posts
Where I live in Ga, you could just have working brake lights on that car and drive it on the street. It does look a little obvious, though, that there are no headlights, and you'd probably want to get those as well. I've had a bunch of cars in that stage and driven them with no problem.

I like that car, though. My daughter has the Hot Wheels that looks just like it.

·
Premium Member
268 Posts
Closed the deal on the Cougar just now! Hopefully be here in time to go under the Christmas tree. Pics and vids to follow.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts