Mercury Cougar Owners banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am putting a 351 Windsor EFI Custom with a Ford AOD Street transmission with converter TV kit in my 1970 Cougar. I'm looking for a company that builds a tranny crossmember specifically for this. We had planned on building our own, but I've recently heard that there are companys out there that can build one for me for less $ than what I can do it for myself. I am all about saving time and $ if the product is quality. Please let me know if you recommend someone or have any leads. Thanks!

·
Premium Member
13,578 Posts

·
Registered
2,493 Posts
BOB, you need to explain to kelly the meaning behind the picture!

·
Registered
2,055 Posts
She's a big girl, I'm sure she knows what a tranny is. :evil:

·
Premium Member
4,133 Posts

·
Registered
243 Posts
Kelly,

I am currently in the process of doing a 4r70w transmission swap right now and ordered a tranny crossmember from Joe Persad. It's a custom piece that he makes for the 2001 tranny I have. I'm not sure if the AOD unit you have will have the same mount location but you could ask Joe. If it does you might want to consider this.
cars.co.uk/home/British_Sports_Cars
Here is the thread that talks about the conversion: http://www.mercurycougar.net/forums/showthread.php?50657-4R70W-AOD-Swap-Details&highlight=joe+persad

or just type his name into the search engine. His email is towards the bottom of the first post.

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
As much as I love the fish net stockings and the red under pants, I think Im going to go with the Mustang Depot suggestion this time. LOL! Thanks guys!

·
Premium Member
13,578 Posts
As much as I love the fish net stockings and the red under pants, I think Im going to go with the Mustang Depot suggestion this time. LOL! Thanks guys!
Kelly,

You are now among the initiated. There was a member here SoCalCraigster who would post that photo anytime someone referred to a "transmission" as "tranny". I have picked up and am carrying the torch for Craig, I consider it my civic duty... :buck:

·
Registered
11,950 Posts
Lol.....just make one kelly....there isn't anything u guys can't do from what see. Not much to it really.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts