Mercury Cougar Owners banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
889 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I landed a 99.9% perfect solid wwod and chrome steering wheel off a 69(ford product that begins with an m)The chrome horn botton everything all he wants is my 99.9% XR-7 steering wheel off my 69 all it needs is a rimblow I kinda like the real wood efect and a mantinance free horn whats the going rate on sterring wheels these days.I think it will look OK for a resto/mod.Opinions?:confused:

·
Registered
1,832 Posts
Dan if I'm thinking of the same Mustang wheel your talking about, I like the looks of them. BUT, those wood Mustangs wheels are quite common and I think that a 99.9% rimblow even without the switch would be worth more.

I considered the same wheel for my car, but didnt want the Mustang emblem on the horn. I decided on a wood style Grant wheel and was very happy with it. Much cheaper too.

But in it end its whatever pleases you. mm

·
Contributing Member
2,897 Posts
Dan i have to agree with mark, the rimblow is a much more rare wheel than the horsey wheel. it is a one year only and they dont make them in repop. keep the rimblow is my opinion and if your wanting the other store it away in the top of the garage and just get a grant. you never know one day you may want to change back and you will kick yourself for letting it go.

·
Banned
4,754 Posts

·
Contributing Sr Motorhead
5,470 Posts
Rare steering wheel?

When I got AlphaCat (73 XR-7) some 20 years ago, it had a factory leather wrapped wheel. I always thought the rim blows were neat so I swapped the leather out for a rim blow. Bid I make a boo-boo? I wonder what ever happened to that leather wheel... I've never seen another one in our year Cats.

·
Registered
889 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I did it but

I put the pony wheel on-(its a chrome thing)-but I still have the rim blow I might work out a cash deal.When I go to Dayton to pick my gilr up from college Im stopping in columbus to look at a 69 vert.He going to send me the VIN before I go Are ther any "special" numbers or letters I sould look for other than R and Q?

·
Registered
5,299 Posts
finding a VIN with an S would rock..... or hell maybe Ford made one Vert with a G or a Z he he he in that case.... ill give you a dollar for it :D

1 - 7 of 7 Posts