Mercury Cougar Owners banner

Trade Bait

2K views 7 replies 5 participants last post by  incubus2432 
#1 · (Edited)
I'm not expecting much of a response here but I figure "what the heck".......

I have an '87 Buick Grand National that I'm interested in trading for the right '67-'70 Cougar. By "right" I mean something that I don't have to restore.......either a very clean original or already restored. Modifications and non-numbers matching is fine. Either an even trade or your car plus cash will work. Will consider any '60's to early '70's muscle car. Oh......must be a manual trans. :smoke:

I paid $17k for the GN in '06 (100% stock from original owner with 17,611 miles on it) and I've put some $$$$$ into it since. If I was to list it for sale today I'd ask $20k for it.

The GN........
Factory original paint with a few minor chips/scratches. Zero rust, a/c blows ice cold, interior is near new condition (no visible wear, tears or stains). Pioneer stereo, upgraded speakers (Infinity Kappa) with subs (Kicker) (clean mounted box/Alpine amps) in trunk, GNX reproduction gauge package, PTE 6131bb turbo, methanol injection (25 lbs. of boost with no knock) with Metco fuel cell for methanol in spare tire well in trunk, PTE stock location intercooler, Eaton posi, G-Body stainless downpipe, Hooker dual exhaust, transmission rebuilt by Vince Janis, Baer track 4 wheel disc brakes (13" front/12" rear), hydroboost, Scanmaster/Powerlogger, 17" Vintage Wheel Works 45's (8" front/9" rear), Nitto tires with drag radials, supporting fuel/air/computer upgrades PLUS tons of smaller details that I'll be glad to list if there is any interest. I will also provide photos of whatever you'd like.

The GN drives great and runs strong with no issues. Currently has 21k-ish miles. The current tune (fuel/timing is driver adjustable) is quite conservative. I ran out of track time before I could get it dialed in but it ran 12.10@110mph with a VERY rich tune. Mid-11's should be a no brainer with a little more test-and-tune action.

These are pics I have handy (I haven't prepped the car for sale or taken proper selling pics yet). The errant wiring in the engine pic has been cleaned up......the pic was taken just after some project so it was buttoned up yet.

See less See more
#7 ·
Brian, Brian, Brian...... you already HAD a Cougar. :1poke: I like the GN though. My sister wants one of those. She just doesn't have a Cougar to trade, nor any money either.

#8 ·
No pics/reply from the Craigslist Cougar yet.

Well, I've never been accused of being smart! I love the GN but I just really miss having a manual trans and the 80's technology is not my strong suit......I'm more of a carb and distributor kinda fella. Except for not having a Cougar or $$$$ your sister sounds like the perfect buyer. :evil:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.