Mercury Cougar Owners banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,404 Posts
Im kinda curious too, Im thinking of getting some, and want to know the pro's/cons, etc.

Rick

·
Registered
3,201 Posts
a what???:)

·
Registered
3,201 Posts
and their purpose is??

·
Premium Member
3,404 Posts
they help with wheel hop, and going straight on take off. You bolt one end on the shock mount and weld the other end to the front spring eye. Great set up.

Rick

·
Registered
3,201 Posts
Okaaay, thanks.

·
Registered
3,201 Posts
No, I'm clear, can picture it, just wondering why you need it, unless of course its for racing or something.? [better road handling at greater speed, like maybe going over 120mph :D]

·
Premium Member
3,404 Posts
I thought someone here would of had some :( Maybe I'll have to buy a set next year and take some pix and let you know how they are.

Rick

·
Registered
1,052 Posts
Traction Master bars

I have a set on the RestoMod (69). They weld on both front & rear. I have Total Control sub-frame connectors and the Traction Master bars fit in the rear box of the bars w/ a little cut off the bracket. The wheels no longer hop on hard launch, & comes out of the corners well w/ power full on. I can take some pic's this week and post or send to those interested.

·
Registered
5,279 Posts
Tracton Bars

I thought the link was for a picture of the bars. Nice looking engine by the way.

The traction bars are "kinda" visible in the photo, the engine is for another (Non-Cougar) project.

I like the traction masters for the "vintage" look and they're not 2 x 2" yellow tubing. I wouldn't recommend them for dragstrip use with drag tires and a stick, but for open track and/or street tires, they seem to fill the bill!

·
Premium Member
3,404 Posts
ok, I see them, I actually didnt look at the first picture close enough. I went to the other photos to see if you had an under shot of them. I might get a set for my cars next year, and make up a review if I do.

Rick

·
Registered
3,141 Posts
I don't have mine on yet, but we put a pair on my Father's Mustang last year. I will get some shots tomorrow.
Happy Holidays All!

1 - 20 of 27 Posts