Mercury Cougar Owners banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Premium Member
646 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I stopped at the body shop today and he has some of the pieces like the hood scoop, spoiler and valances painted. We are using House of Colors Vivid black, a Harley color. It is the shiniest black paint I have ever seen. It looks a eighth inch deep and it doesn't even have clear on it yet. All the trim is black out so this is gonna be one dark kitty. Pics will follow as things get more black!

·
Registered
11,950 Posts
Drool..... Droool.... Dddrrrroool. The

·
Registered
11,950 Posts

·
Registered
7,552 Posts
Should be awesome, I am going for a black two tone on my 69...

·
Premium Member
646 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I have gotten back most all my pieces from the powder coater. I need to buy some new windshield trim and get it coated and that will be the last. The exception will be the vent window frames and the side window wrap. I may figure a way to do that without dismantling. The other exception is the emblem on the right front headlight. The back piece is black but the cougar body will be chrome. The powder coater, Like New Parts in Pekin IL http://likenewparts.com/ has been great. He read a thread here about powder coating on the front headlight stuff and made a bracket to mount the pieces to prevent sag. He also took the front turn signals and rear back ups apart in such a way so that we could coat them and got that all back together. I will get some component pics this weekend.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts