Mercury Cougar Owners banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
300 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well, today was the monthly meeting for SoCal Cougar Club. Next week is the Nationals.. Yay!! Meeting was as eventful as always and I like chili's food too... bonus!

Anyway ~ the meeting was over and people were wandering back outside. I was still sitting there sucking down my $2.00 coke when I heard my name and saw someone pointing at me. Two guys walked over to me, one was explaining to the other that I have a 67 or 68... Come to find out, the other guy (can't believe I didn't get his name) sat down, telling me that he has some 14" Keystone wheels he wants to get rid of. Then that he had them in the parking lot in his Van if I wanted to take a look at them. I'm like, sure.. ok, I'll look.. what can that hurt.. So we meet up outside and i take a look. WOW!! these things look nice. He upgraded to 16's and has had these sitting in his garage for like 3 months I think he said. They have Firestone 205 70 14s on them that are in decent condition. So.. I get the guts... "So, uh, whatta ya WANT for those puppies??" THEN..... THEN... ok, get this... THEN... :) he says, I just want them GONE FROM MY GARAGE... TAKE THEM, THEY'RE YOURS! WooHoo... got my car, pulled to the van.. and loaded 'em up!!! FREE!!! FREE!!!

I've posted a pic in my album here, when it's cleared, you can see my freebies. :) Only problem, they rub in front if I go for a sharp turn... no u-turns anytime soon! hehe. but, normal street turns, it's all good. Figure when these wear down a little, I'll get a 60 series and be all good...

Oh, did I mention they were FREE??????? :D

Robert

PS, Steve was there... I think he's Jealous... maybe next time he'll get there a little earlier.. yeah yeah, work shmurk... :)

·
Registered
1,832 Posts
What a good day huh Robert? Thats really cool, I always liked the Keystones. I'm sitting here smirking at the thoughts that must be going through Steves head.:eek2: mm

·
Registered
300 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
wow!! they're really worth that much? I had no idea... that REALLY kickth ath!

ROBERT

Sorry Steve-o... shoulda been there 10 minutes sooner... they sure look good on my car...

However.. I have a nice set of stock wheels with hubcaps and tires with under 600 miles on them if your lookin to buy.. hehe.

·
Registered
5,299 Posts
yeah??? i bet they wouldny have any rubbing problems on my car. he he he. jk jk. wither way its a killer deal. you lucky ******* lol they are in really nice shape. a lil polish and youll be good to go.

·
Registered
5,299 Posts
whoa.,.. when did that become a bad word? or an i just that desensitized??

·
Registered
300 Posts
Discussion Starter #8 (Edited)
polish? what's that? Hm, I think I saw it in a store once... I try not to get too close to my car with cleaners and waxes... the paint falls off when I hit a bump... and if I walk towards the car with cleaners, etc... the paint threatens to turn baby poop green...

As for the wheels? they rock. When I swap out the tires, I'll have to go with a 60's series up front... or file down the outter edge of the 70's hehe.

The wheels have a different offset than the stockers, and the tires are 225 as compared to the 205's I just put on... so the car is more stable... kinda funnnnnnnnnn..... weeeeeee....

Anyway, it's in DISPLAY next weekend... you'll see.... you'll see... just keep your soap and water away from my paint!!! :)

Robert

*** The Above Post Has Been Edited To Avoid Offending CrazyCat

:wave:

1 - 11 of 11 Posts