Mercury Cougar Owners banner

would a spoiler on a 1967 cat look good?

• Yes

Votes: 7 41.2%
  • NOOOOO PLEASE NOOOO

Votes: 10 58.8%
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
240 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i was wondering what you guys think about a spoiler on a 67 cougar. like i like some spoilers but i'm not sure if it would look good on my cat. so what do you guys think? also are there any with them with pics in the gallery? haven't had a chance to look but this internet is slow here.

·
Contributing Member
6,137 Posts

·
Registered
206 Posts
I wouldn't recommend it. I don't think the spoiler looks good on the '67-'68 cars. It detracts from the clean lines of the car. That goes for mustang coupes also. I always thought spoilers/wings were more suited to fastback style cars or convertibles. However, the Eliminators had them and they look good, but I think it's because they flow with the paint schemes that the factory came up with at the time.

My $.02:eek:

·
Registered
3,371 Posts
I guess I'm with Zhat on this. although Mark's looks good but then Mark's Cat is a total modded cat and the spoiler goes quite well... but on a 67/8 stock looking cat ...NOOOOOOOOO.

my .05

Don

·
Registered
3,141 Posts
Rear deck spoiler or chin spoiler? I vote yes for the chin spoiler, no for the rear deck.

·
Contributing Member
6,137 Posts

·
Registered
3,141 Posts
We put one on my father's 66 Mustang - looks sharp. I bet the 67 Mustang chin spoiler would fit a 67/68 with little problem.

·
Registered
3,201 Posts
"I hope it gives you an idea.

Mark"

You going to take advice from a guy with an orange engine............................jk, LMAO, sorry Mark but it feels good to be on the other side for a change.

·
Registered
321 Posts
My personal preference is to shy away from spoilers and Cobrajet hoodscoops(another one I've seen before) on '67/8 Cars. Now, on the 69+ cars they don't look too bad. I'm gonna have to vote no here, since I don't really care for em. However, in the end its really a matter of what looks good to you and what you like. To each his own, or if you prefer, Whatever floats your boat.

-Random

·
Contributing Member
6,137 Posts
Dayle, JEEEEEZ!! I made it through almost a whole day without too much trouble and then you came along.:D

Now you see what I meant when I was nervous about posting my motor picture after seeing yours. You know, I still have some Tangelo left. Your red would cover a lot easier than my original black did.

Mark

·
Registered
3,201 Posts
Thanks Mark, but you had better keep it, you gonna get holes in it from all the :1poke:

Joking, I think it is cool to be different, in my case I am not different I am imitating a chevy:rolleyes:

·
Registered
240 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
lol yea i didn't even think about the front spoiler (aka ground FX) i like that look, i wonder if it would look ok on its own, without the rear spoiler. hmm well i have a little bit before any money flow comes my way so i've got time to ponder it, just makin a list of stuff i need/want/could use :)

·
Registered
1,032 Posts
DO WHAT YOU WANT. ITS YOUR CAR RIGHT/ DO YOU LIKE IT/F SO GO FOR IT. BUILD IT FOR YOU, AND NOBODY ELSE. AS USUAL MY OPINION ISWORTH NOTHING . GEOFF

·
Registered
5,883 Posts
I have to me too jim's post.
The first gen cougars have really good body lines and the spoiler draws the eye away from that.

·
Registered
3,201 Posts
Geoff, your opinion would be worth more if you took it off capitals, and the whole purpose of asking an opinion is to hear what others have to say.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts