Mercury Cougar Owners banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Apologies to Shakespeare for the paraphrase. As you can see in the pic below, I changed all of the interior in my 69 from white to black - except the seats. After seeing another post here where leather seats were dyed red using product from leathermagic.com, I decided to give it a try and make the seats black like the rest of the interior.

I checked out their web site, then called them. Very helpful, honest about how to get good results and how easy it is to screw up. I ordered a kit plus a little extra prep and dye to do all seats. Still less that $100.

Well, I received the kit today. When the wife asked what was in today's UPS delivery (she can be a little sarcastic), I told her my plans. Now she says that she likes the white seats in a black interior! I think an all black interior will look more bad-a$$, less granny.

What do you guys think? Keep the wife happy and leave them white, or dye them black?

I know it is my decision, just curious what other Cougar guys like. Thanks.

Jeff

·
Registered
992 Posts
I say leave the seats white. They look like they are in great shape. The wife likes them white, so keeping a woman happy when it comes to a shared classic car hobby goes a lot farther than anything else. Looks like your car still has a white top so it kinda still makes sense and still looks intentional. Kinda breaks it up, instead of white top and all white interior on a dark body. Summertime driving will be much easier on the skin with white!

p.s. I'm doing my 69 cougar in white with aqua appointments, and a white top. I love the light interiors.

Kevin

·
Registered
992 Posts
to clarify, I'm doing my car in white INTERIOR with aqua appointments... dark aqua metallic paint on the body...

1 - 4 of 4 Posts