Mercury Cougar Owners banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
144 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm REALLY considering getting this '67 cougar "Dan Gurney" special. Is this a very rare car? I don't know too much about cougars...I'm just getting started :) This car is equipped w/a 289 and a 3-speed. Can anyone give me any feedback on it or any other comments that you might know......he's asking $4900. Is it worth that much? The only problems that he states are the the A/C, heater, and hide away lights don't work. The lights have to be done manually. Also, the speedo cable is broken (easy fix). Thanks for the help fellas.

Attachments

·
Registered
669 Posts
Looks nice. If the undercarriage is clean and the car does not seem to be rusty, go for it. The price sounds right.

·
Registered
1,112 Posts
The DGS is not particularly rare. However, the factory version of it is worth more in my opinion than the dealer installed version. You may want to obtain a report from Kevin Marti to find out which one this is. It does seem to be a very nice car at a reasonable price, though. And, 3-speed cougars are difficult to come by.

Let us know if you buy it.

·
Registered
3,371 Posts
BUY IT!!!!!

or I will

:1poke:

Don

·
Registered
5,299 Posts
is that the one on Ebay???????

·
Registered
144 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Thanx! There are not ANY major problems, so i thought, "what the heck" for a price like that I'm sure it'll be well worth it. The car only have a few minor things that need corrected. Most of which can probably be done by myself on a weekend :)
Hope I have good luck with her.

·
Registered
144 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
:rolleyes: ya know...it's odd that I even bought this car.....I'm a HUGE mustang fan(currently restoring a '69GT Convertible). As a matter of fact, was actually lookin' to buy a mustang until I saw this beautiful car. Kinda weird, but i'm sure i'll have LOTS of fun :)
This is going to be my daily driver. The stang will be strictly show car, except for the occasional "weekend" (ya right!) cruise.

·
Registered
67 Posts
Congratulations on your find and purchase!
I viewed a near identicle car 3 years ago in Canada for 4,000, but it was an automatic. I'd say you paid the right price and got a real beauty. I'm still wishing like heck that I had a spare 4,000 dollars to spend 3 years ago...And hey if the the flip up lights work on a 30+ year old Cougar, it's not legit!
Nice Car!

·
Registered
3,371 Posts
GOOD ON YA!!!! I'm sure you will enjoy it... And the HL doors should be an easy fix:D

Don

·
Registered
266 Posts
I remember when I flew out to look at my "Clean Cat". I test drove it for over two hours. The guy thought I was never coming back. I could smoke the rears pretty good at the low altitude. Not the same story at altitude here in denver. Enjoy your road trip. Congrats.

·
Registered
794 Posts
nice cat. I like the color. Whats the deal with the DGS on the underhood? Isn't there supposed to be some chromed goodys.
Dont suppose it has the valve covers with the running cat.....

1 - 18 of 18 Posts