Mercury Cougar Owners banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I live in Sevierville TN andjust scored a 68 GT. I was just wondering if there are any other TN Cougar owners in the group and if there is a club in TN?

Thanks
Mad Cat

·
Registered
269 Posts
Mad Cat said:
I live in Sevierville TN andjust scored a 68 GT. I was just wondering if there are any other TN Cougar owners in the group and if there is a club in TN?

Thanks
Mad Cat
Nice to see Tenn people. I grew up in Kingsport and still own a farm in Hancock county. Go back to see the family 2-3 times a year. Where did you find the 68?

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I have a friend that owns some storage units. Two young boys wanted to store a cougar there. Well they didn't pay the bill and it sat for three years. Finally I get the call Rick asks me if I want the Cougar and of course I did, so I had a tow truck pick it up and it is now in my garage. I ran the vin and came up with this info:

VIN: 8R91S500519

8 = 1968
R = San, Jose
91= Standard Hardtop
S = 390-4V GT

Someone has replaced the 390 with a 351C. If you know anyone who has a 4V-390 I would love to purchase it and get my cat back to it's original form.

Thanks
Mad Cat

·
Registered
175 Posts
I'm stationed in Maryland right now, but grew up in Knoxville. I'm going back there too, when I retire (depending on how long this war lasts).

·
Registered
269 Posts
Grunt Doc said:
I'm stationed in Maryland right now, but grew up in Knoxville. I'm going back there too, when I retire (depending on how long this war lasts).
So you're a master chief corpsman?

I joined to get out of East Tenn, I got out in '94 as ET1 (ss), enjoyed the time that I was in. SSBN 635 Sam Rayburn and SSN 723 Oklahoma City

·
Registered
106 Posts
Grunt Doc said:
C'mon back, Doc. Join our Tennessee Cougar Club. I'm in Memphis after retiring in 92.

Semper Fi,
Gunner Mike Donnelly

·
Registered
2,853 Posts
Brad here. Alias "cougrrrman". I've been playing with Cougars since I bought my first one in Hawaii. A 1969 std. I was stationed there in 1977/78 on Kaneohe Bay, MCAS. I was an F-4 mechanic.
I'm in Nashville, Tn. now.
The TENNESSEE COUGAR CLUB would love a new member.
GOD BLESS AMERICA........!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts