Mercury Cougar Owners banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Contributing Member
797 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok, I know this has been answered a million times, but what fits nicely on 15 x 7 " rims with no rubbing on the front and same size all around. Thanks

Steve

·
11,000 Posts
I have used P225-60 / 15's on that size with good results. Kind of depends on the tire, all tires the same marked size are not created equal. Have one mounted and try it on all locations before mounting the rest.

·
Contributing Member
797 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Royce, what tires are u running? Doesn't really matter which brand to me , just want to make sure there's no rubbing. Gonna be a weekend cruiser. Thanks

Steve;)

·
11,000 Posts
They were BFG T/A radials.

·
Registered
106 Posts
I'm glad this thread popped up again as I plan on 15 X 7 GT rims for my 69. Looks like I'll go with 225 or 235 60SR 15's.

Thanks guys.

·
Registered
5,883 Posts
Same here. 15/235/60 Like royce, I've used radial t/a's without any problem.
and maybe it's me, but I use a set of 16" wheels on road and autocross tracks. The 15s are much more comfortable to me on the road.
for what its worth

·
Contributing Member
797 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Also what about backspacing? MU sells Magnum 500 rims 15 x7 with 4 1/4 inch backspacing. Will these work? Thanks all.

Steve

·
Registered
544 Posts
That's the backspacing on my magnums. I run 215/65/15's on a 15x7 wheel on my 69. No problems with this size. Check the clearance to the inside of your suspension. I had enough room to go to a 225 on the outside, but was concerned about the inner clearance to the suspension if i went any wider.

Steve

1 - 10 of 10 Posts