Mercury Cougar Owners banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
7,552 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I got a deal on a set of Mustang 16 inch wheels and tires for my 69, to match the 68. The 68 has 255-50-16's on the rear, and 225-55-16's on the front, and fit just fine. The 69 still has the "stock" 215-65-16's on them, and the rub my RF fender just a bit. I like the ones on my 68 much better. Better looking, better fit.

Attachments

·
Registered
2,055 Posts
I agree Brian. I like the '68. The '69 not so much.

·
Registered
11,950 Posts
MMM IDK - I like the fuller looking wheel well myself. But it is a nice rim style.

·
Registered
1,291 Posts
I have liked thos particular wheels since I first saw them on the 2005 V6 Mustangs. I think that, with a little spit 'n' polish of the face of the spokes, they'd look great on just about any "generation" of Classic Cougar. If they were 17's they would be even better, as then one could go with the "slightly larger" '94-'04 SVT Cobra brakes. Other than that little detail, I actually like the 16" size and the corresponding "fuller"-sidewalled tires.

With their deeper offset; I'm thinking you had to go with some spacers to keep them from getting hung up on the UCA's - did you go 1" or were they smaller/more thin?

·
Registered
2,972 Posts
Are you asking for opinions Wood?

·
Registered
7,552 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I did use a one inch spacer on both cars. I just posted up, so folks could compare 'looks' of the tires, as "how big should I go?" is a popular question. I'm on the hunt for some wider tires for the 69 even as I type, just to 'even' the car out...

·
Registered
120 Posts
I like the 68 also...

1 - 7 of 7 Posts