Mercury Cougar Owners banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
8,194 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The other day I was in the local pick-yer-part to find a donut spare to fit my Fusion as I had blown two tires the previous day. All I had with me was a lug wrench and screwdriver.

There was a 71-72 Cougar sitting in the yard with perfect front fender trim. I thought it would be nice if I could get the trims and offer them here. No tools to remove them and it will probably be a long time before I can get back there.

Pick Your Part in Sun Valley, CA if anyone is interested, about halfway back in the Ford section. Gold car.

·
Registered
2,260 Posts
I bet you will add a crescent wrench to your "junk yard" kit now, to keep your screwdriver company, eh? :)

·
Registered
8,194 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Usually if I plan to go I take a pretty complete set of tools plus whatever "special" tools needed for specific purchases. In that case I would have had a socket/ratchet to remove the parts. But this was sort of an emergency trip as I had two blown tires on my car and only one spare. Just took what I needed to get an extra donut spare. I had to leave my car up in the mountains about 12 miles from civilization and road service would not go up there.

Turned out the donut I purchased would not clear my brakes (It did on a similar car in the yard) so I tried the spare from the Sonata that belongs to my friend who took me back to my car. It fit perfectly. whew!

·
Registered
11,950 Posts
So your saying you sonata on your fusion - YUCK! Especially if it wasn't even yours....LOL Sorry couldn't help myself

I've often wondered what 4 lugs are interchangable since I have a Daewoo that needs new wheels since none of them match (PO cobbled some on there) One of them actually looks decent but I have no idea what it came off of?

·
Registered
8,194 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I've often wondered what 4 lugs are interchangable since I have a Daewoo that needs new wheels since none of them match (PO cobbled some on there) One of them actually looks decent but I have no idea what it came off of?
Measure, then go hunting.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts