Mercury Cougar Owners banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
267 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was wondering if you guys had a preference for where to attach the distributor vacuum advance hose. On the timed vacuum port on the carb or on the manifold vacuum below the carb. What are the advantages/disadvantages? I've heard it both ways. What do you think? Educate me.

·
Registered
5,633 Posts
For a number of reasons, Ford are designed to use timed vacuum. Chevy is different. There are old threads here that will have tons of information, but what you are asking for takes hours to write up in an intelligent manner.

·
Registered
7,552 Posts
Readers digest, is that the timed port provides better street manners, and fuel economy....Nice looking car!

·
Registered
11,950 Posts
If the search function worked better....I think you could find an excellent write up by fabford on that very subject. What happened to him anyway? ....
Bottom line as Bill points out - timed is the way to go.

·
Registered
267 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
If the search function worked better....I think you could find an excellent write up by fabford on that very subject. What happened to him anyway? ....
Bottom line as Bill points out - timed is the way to go.
I think you're right. I just had a new Quick Fuel carb assembled for my car. They know all of the particulars about my motor. They said that I should definitely use the timed vacuum port. So there.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts