Mercury Cougar Owners banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,853 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well I had grand plans for re-assembling my car this summer. Early this spring I dealt with pnamonia, still not 100 percent but it kept me from cutting next years firewood. My boy didn't pay on a loan I co-signed for him so I had to then he let the insurance run out for four months with out telling me. Credit union sent me a letter saying the loan was due! I put that on my credit card. When I thought I had a plan to pay that off I went for a drive in my truck and blew two tires at once? Not sure what I ran over one on each side. Tires I had on truck were different on the front than the back so I ended up putting four ten ply heavy truck tires on. Another thousand bucks on the credit card. WCCC will have to hold on for a while till I get back on my feet. That credit card is just to hot right now to keep using. So much to do around the house and so little money. I really want to work on the car but not getting the time or money right now. Kind of depressing. Hope I don't forget how to put it back together.

·
Registered
210 Posts
Keep your chin up! Things are in a constant state of flux around here too so i know where your coming from.

·
Registered
11,950 Posts
You have been hard at it for awhile Harvey - step back and take care of things - it'll be there when you get ready. Family life and heatlh are more important. Kids - meh! Ya can't hand everything on a platter. Gotta make them understand how things work - things happen, but I keep preaching to ours -n that if you can't pay for it outright you can't afford it.....he can work his way up to "nice" cars after he is stable in work/career. Until then, there are plenty of cars in reasonable price range to get you to work and not be styling.....the guy with money in the bank is the winner by any measurement. That way he learns two things - how to work on cars somebody else wanted to unload, and the effort it takes to earn th money to buy one outright. It's harder to let go of it when you spent years putting it together!! ;>) Reality is a B|itch for sure!

·
Premium Member
13,577 Posts
^ pauses while he counts his blessings. Hang in there Harv!

Regards,

Bob

·
Registered
5,633 Posts
Harvey, sometimes the key to staying happy is to reset your expectations. I set lots of little goals, like taking the heater box apart and cleaning it all up, or detailing the gauges, instead of big goals like finishing the car. So I don't even think about the big goal, as long as I can stay busy doing the little stuff. Just taking the tail lights apart and respraying the silver can give you a sense of accomplishment, with out spending much money.

·
Registered
7,552 Posts
"
Harvey, sometimes the key to staying happy is to reset your expectations. I set lots of little goals, like taking the heater box apart and cleaning it all up, or detailing the gauges, instead of big goals like finishing the car. So I don't even think about the big goal, as long as I can stay busy doing the little stuff. Just taking the tail lights apart and respraying the silver can give you a sense of accomplishment, with out spending much money. "

Very true, small steps add up to completed projects. I have been working on my fleet for 20 years. Not only are they not "done" 2/3 are barely street driveable. Getting closer though! I keep after it, and they will get done. I want to move on to find my 65 fastback, and my 55 chevy pickup and....

·
Registered
1,853 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks guys, The car is in my barn. If it gets done next year or the year after all is good. Just very disappointing to have made plans or goals to have someone else or something else keep getting in the way. I looked for several years before I found the right car and I can wait. I just don't want to. Kinda really cranked at my kid right now but it is my fault for co-signing and anyway if it wasn't that it would probably be something else. At least the weather is starting to warm up. Now if the rain will quit! Very cool to have this forum out there.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts