Mercury Cougar Owners banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
152 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 67 standard with tilt wheel. The vacuum setup on the column didn't work so i removed it and just used the turn signal lever to move the wheel up and down. Last night I was pushing the car back into the garage and my buddy was steering it and all of a sudden the wheel will not stay straight. It can go up and down but will stay swung towards the passenger side. If you pull it over to straighten the wheel it will swing right back facing the passenger's seat. Had to laugh at this because it looks like the passenger could reach over and drive the car. Any ideas what I broke and how to fix it would be greatly appreciated, Thanx again!

·
Premium Member
6,521 Posts
When you removed the vacuum actuator there was nothing left to keep the rod in place, you need to reach up and push the rod back in place and then clamp it somehow. Want to sell the parts you removed????

<center> </center>

·
Registered
152 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Ya, thanks Don. I'll create a stop or bracket of some kind to stop that rod. I've also got a vacuum solenoid too from the headlights if it's worth selling.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts