Mercury Cougar Owners banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hi all,
my pops is looking for a tilt steering column and wants to keep the price as low as possible anyone know where he can find one that will fit a 68 cougar it must be a tilt tho since he is a big guy any help would be great.

·
Premium Member
13,577 Posts
Unfortunately, "tilt column" and "low price" are pretty much mutually exclusive.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Assuming that the 68 tilt column is interchangeable between Cougar and Mustang, try setting up a saved search in Ebay (for the Mustang 68 tilt column). I did this for my 73 and was able to get the 73 specific tilt column, new turn signal switch, and stalk for $ 238.50. Another idea may be to search all of craig's list.

·
Premium Member
13,577 Posts
Assuming that the 68 tilt column is interchangeable between Cougar and Mustang, try setting up a saved search in Ebay (for the Mustang 68 tilt column). I did this for my 73 and was able to get the 73 specific tilt column, new turn signal switch, and stalk for $ 238.50. Another idea may be to search all of craig's list.
Wowsa, good job man!

·
Registered
8,194 Posts
There are aftermarket tilts available, but you need to adapt to GM spec at both ends.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts