Mercury Cougar Owners banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
2,493 Posts
looks to be done ok, i would want further underbody pictures and see what all is done. also check for mud and hidden damage, bit pricey for what is still a remod std cougar

·
Registered
3,480 Posts
It looks like a nice car in the photos. If you are serious about buying it though I would suggest that you go look at the car in person or find someone you can trust to look at it for you. Some things can only be seen when viewed in person. Now about this car, it has been modified from stock. That's not a bad thing however not all modifications will appeal to everyone. So the bottom line would be if the modifications appeal to you.

Randy Goodling
CCOA #95

·
Premium Member
6,980 Posts
.......... what all the other said.

I like most everything about the outside, except for the modern Cougar cat emblems on the 'C' pillars. That car can't be built for the asking price.

·
Premium Member
13,577 Posts
Overall the car presents well but I think the door panels are horrible, and the Cougar script on the brushed PS panel looks retarded.

·
Contributing Member
6,137 Posts
Opinion: It contains a lot of cheezy items such as the Pep Boys steering wheel and bottom of the line Quicksilver shifter. The cheap ziptied padding on the rollbar could be hiding bubblegum welds. The AC components underhood look to be hastily installed.

However, ALL of that can be easily "fixed" if the car can be had for a good price. Major items like the paint and most of the interior look to be decent. I, too, would want to see what the underneath looks like and what, if anything was done there.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thank you for everyone that posted. I was given appraisal that stated 30k. The chassis is free of any serious rust but some surface rust.
Clearly the appraisal doesn't mean much as this is a resto mod. Thanks

·
Premium Member
13,577 Posts
I think 30K is way high.

·
Registered
434 Posts
Too much money. Im with Bob on the interior. Also has 1969 tailights, spoiler mounted backwards and who knows what door mirrors. This car has been on e-bay in the past.

·
Contributing Member
5,865 Posts
Lots of interesting update stuff done but very little finesse - look at the wires running all over the place under the hood. It is a good basis for someone to turn it into something special, other than a catalogue car

·
Premium Member
13,577 Posts
Too much money. Im with Bob on the interior. Also has 1969 tailights, spoiler mounted backwards and who knows what door mirrors. This car has been on e-bay in the past.
I thought the mirrors were kinda cool. Although I like the look of the sport mirrors I have on Isabel, the field of view is awful. The bases of the updated ones seem a little odd down on the doors but maybe it is just because it is different than what we are used to. I'm a little surprised that they were able to get the heads to sit properly, maybe the bases have the ability to be shaved to fit the door contour. At the very least the idea of other mirrors puts me in mind of a need (for restomods) where our cars are concerned.

Good catch on the spoiler, I had missed that.

·
Premium Member
5,758 Posts
For the price of the car is not bad at all. I would change the taillights back to 70 ones or modify them and remove ALL the ribs and have a clean look. Re mount the spoiler to the way its supposed to be. Put a set of new door panels and go for a better steering wheel and then drive the wheels off of it and enjoy the car for what it is..

thanks
pat

1 - 12 of 12 Posts