Mercury Cougar Owners banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
258 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everyone. I have been pondering this for a while and I think its time to sell my car. I have owned it for 19 years. I did complete rotisserie restoration on it and finished it in June if 2008. Since then I have put 700 miles on it. With the kids and other obligations I just don't time and I have lost interest in it. What should I start out as an asking price? Here are some pics. I have 2 sets of wheels and tires for it also.

Thanks!

Brian

·
Registered
2,055 Posts
Nice car. Do you have a Marti report? Anything on he car that is incorrect? Pictures of the underside?

·
Premium Member
2,471 Posts
That's a beautiful car! Assuming your rotisserie restoration included replating all the chrome, reanodizing all the aluminum, detailing the underside, rebuilding every mechanical component and that everything works as it should, I'd start the asking price at around $28K and see what happens.

·
Registered
258 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Nice car. Do you have a Marti report? Anything on he car that is incorrect? Pictures of the underside?
Yes I have the Marti report. It was bought new my my dads sister in '66 Here is a pic of the underside before it was put back on the ground.

·
Registered
1,302 Posts
That's a very nice looking car.
I know you're asking for price suggestions, can't help you there.

But, I would suggest you think long and hard before selling.
It must have sentimental value.
When your kids grow and see a picture of the cool car you sold there gonna ask, Dad why did you sell it.
Your interest in the car may return.

·
Registered
2,660 Posts
It your car a 3 or 4 speed ? That will affect value quite a bit.

·
Registered
442 Posts
Nice car, Mop, it's got a 3 speed. Sal

·
Registered
2,055 Posts
Gotta go with zman based on the new info. If it's been in the family that long it's irreplaceable. Make sure you give it a lot of thought.

·
Registered
258 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I appreciate the concern guys. The funny thing is I lost interest in it about 10 years ago The car sat for 2 years and never even went out. I decided to do the rotisserie restoration on to regain my lost love for the car! I was really in to it while I did the resto, but once it was done that was it. This happens to me a lot. I also have restored antique tractors and I have one of them for sale also. Here is a pic of the tractor.

·
Registered
191 Posts
Beautiful car. Price....I would start at 25K for the car because of the 3 speed. I really think if it was in my family that long...Priceless. I would not sell it I would park it and cover it in the garage and pass it on to my kids. Good luck with your sale.
Steven

·
Registered
1,853 Posts
Ditto on keeping the car, I would only sell something like that if I was in dire need of cash. Have sold before and very shortly after learned to dread it. Not long after started looking to replace it but then you never can as this one was truely in the family! You never will find that again. If you have the room and are eating at the soup kitchen I would prep the car for long term storage and put it away for a while. I am sure you will come back to it when the kids are a few years older. Might even be a handme down to one of them? Good luck and don't be in a hurry to get rid of what you can never replace!!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts