Mercury Cougar Owners banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
5,299 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ok ok, yeah i know this is in the for sale forum.. but hey.. if i dont go for it one of you might want to.... ok so im at work and another driver there calls the store to tell me that he saw a 68 Cougar project for sale just down the street. so after work i head down there to take a look at the car and see whats up with it. i get there and see this primered up 68 sitting there and give it a look over. well heres what i saw... overall pretty straight.. no visible rust except for under teh lip on the leading edge of teh hood which has made some holes there. the front fenders appear to be misaligned not sure if its from an accident but the shock towers do not appear to be wrinkled in any way so thats promising. it is an XR7 with a recently rebuild 302 2bbl with ported and polished 4bbl heads ... recently rebuilt C4 and a new water pump and radiator. supposeldy it runs good but the battery is dead from sitting since August and i was kinda ina hurry so i didnt have time to wait for the guy to jump start it ( he did offer ) seats would need to be redon and it also would need the armrests as well. has decent tired on Cragars that stick out just a lil bit. he has all the trim for it including the rocker skirts. dash is warped but not overly cracked from what i could see. has a center console and i belive the overhead console as well along with the decore lighting group in it. he said the turn signal cam is broken but the headlights still function. they were down so that may be true. overall its not a bad looking car and i might go for it. how much is it/? hes asking $1800.. i might offer 1000 in cash and take a buddy to drive it home before he can change his mind. he seems to be a motivated seller as well so that might work to my advantage. any thoughts or suggestions on what else to look for? ill try to take pictures of it as soon as i can. worse comes to worse quick body and paint and its back out on the road for 3500... well see. if not then its going to Cleveland :)

·
Contributing Member
2,897 Posts
hey you can always go up but if he bites then you get another nice ride, and you do your own painting so sounds like a nice new project, but your going to have to move up the the hi desert soon you keep collecting cats so you have a place to park em.

·
Registered
866 Posts
Offer him 1100, or 1200, it sounds alot closer to his asking price than 1000. And when you get it, you can give me that fresh 302 :D

·
Registered
5,299 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
he he he... i think ill offer the 1000 and maybe settle at 1200 or 1500. as for teh 302?? umm well see what becomes of that lol.

·
Registered
5,299 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
LOL AAHHH HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HAAAA!!!!!!!! AAHHH AHA HA HAA HAH AHAAHH HA HA HA HA HA HA HA AHA HA HA hA HA HA AHA HA HA HAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! no

1 - 7 of 7 Posts