Mercury Cougar Owners banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Premium Member
860 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have marvelled at the ingenious ideas of several of the cougar enthusiasts here on Mcnet. If you have one, please post it here so we don't miss it. I would like to nominate this post I resently saw as one of the best.
<TABLE class=tborder id=post270295 cellSpacing=1 cellPadding=6 width="100%" align=center border=0><TBODY><TR><TD class=alt2 style="PADDING-RIGHT: 0px; PADDING-LEFT: 0px; PADDING-BOTTOM: 0px; PADDING-TOP: 0px"><TABLE cellSpacing=6 cellPadding=0 width="100%" border=0><TBODY><TR><TD class=alt2></TD><TD noWrap>Hamneggs
<SCRIPT type=text/javascript> vbmenu_register("postmenu_270295", true); </SCRIPT>
</TD><TD width="100%"> </TD><TD vAlign=top noWrap>Join Date: Oct 2007

</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE><!-- / user info --></TD></TR><TR><TD class=alt1 id=td_post_270295><!-- message, attachments, sig --><!-- message -->Mine's not as pretty, but works as well, and alot cheaper! :smoke:

<!-- / message --><!-- sig -->__________________
1970 XR7
Project photos (slow going with Winter setting in) expect updates at the break of Spring > http://s217.photobucket.com/albums/c...amneggscougar/
</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

·
Registered
5,299 Posts
One of the best ive seen is one ive used as well.

- Take a cheapy Autozone overflow tank.
- mount under the fender on the passengers side
- run the hose from the radiator spout to the tank.
- Instant overflow tank that is cheap, and not in the way to ruin the stock looking engine compartment!

·
Registered
1,006 Posts
A radiator screen made with a wood dowel and fiberglass window screen. I use black duct tape around the perimeter but will hopefully get it bound in the future for a more professional appearance.
Works GREAT to keep the bugs out of the radiator and splattered all over from the fan.
Just slides out real nice for car shows, and cost about $3 if that.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts