Mercury Cougar Owners banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Premium Member
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Up until now, I have just done some small things to my Cougar since I have bought it. It has mostly just sat under a covered car port out of the rain while some small pieces and parts have been being bought as good deals came along.

Lately, work has me going nonstop working offshore. I recently spend 5 weeks out here in the Gulf of Mexico and went home for what I thought would be 4 weeks off. Well, 4 days later, I get a phone call from the boss saying the girl who does scheduling was too afraid to call me, so she had him do it. The next day, I was back offshore, where I still am 2 weeks later with at least another 2 weeks to go. After this, I a plan on taking off till after New Years to get caught up on everything that is piling up at home.

So, as of now, sitting at my buddies house (where I get all of my online shopping delivered to when at work) is:

1)Bendix style brake booster and master cylinder for a 67 from WCCC
2)Stainless Steel Fuel tank from Mustangs Unlimited
3)Manifold back generic full exhaust from Mustangs Unlimited (just until the new engine goes in and a full exhaust will be built)
4)C4 rebuild kit with shift kit from Summit Racing
5)Pertronix Ignition and Coil from WCCC
6)New brake flex lines front and rear from WCCC
7)New front brake pads from WCCC
8)Rebuilt Door Hinges from WCCC
9)Freebie black WCCC hat from WCCC

I think that's it for now.
Can't wait to get home and try to bust loose the manifold to H-pipe bolts. Been spraying them with PB blaster for months now, then running the car to heat them up, then spraying them again.

Anyone have any tips to avoid unforeseen disaster on any of these projects?

The poor car has been sitting too long. Time to get it moving and living again before she starts to rot away from neglect.

·
Registered
2,145 Posts
Hope you get a month off for that one. 4 days off after 5 weeks on. Just wrong. You work for the same company I do? LOL.

·
Premium Member
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I did change the Autolite 4300 to a 4100. Best things I have done so far, by far.

Once I had a carb on it I knew was working correctly, that was when I found the leaking booster. So once I capped off that huge vacuum leak, the car ran perfectly smooth.

As long as I don't plan on leaving the driveway with it for now, she's a runner!!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts