Mercury Cougar Owners banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So how does someone that has spent his life with Chevelles and Camaros end up with a 67 Cougar? Well in 1988 there was a few Dealers around OKC that had cars the young military personnel could get in trouble with and I was in the market There was a 77 TransAm, BB SS Chevelle, 68 Camaro with dual quads on a tunnel ram sticking through the hood. Sounds like cars most 20 year olds would pick to transverse the country. I ended up with the Chevelle but I remember there was this one test drive of this ugly green cougar. It was pretty hacked inside missing door panels, package shelf, I don't recall it having a back seat. All sorts of gauges in new places in the dash and a monster tach. Well the saleman which was the mechanic he talked me into a drive. That cougar skated around like on ice. The thin little pizza cutters it had for front wheels did nothing for that car. But there was something about it. The sequential lights, the head light covers, the body lines,the washer pump, and the AC controls it has style. It ate at me 30 years Now living on an old horse farm in Missouri with a whole bunch of little kids. there is a 62 IH Farmall, a 69 wheel horse mower so what should be housed in the detached two car garage. How about a blue on blue 67 cougar that needs some love. I just want make her solid and rust free. Take kids to Sonic for ice cream. ....They may need ear plugs :\

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
My kids dont know what to make of the story either.It could have been worse. I have been looking are for two years and found a green 68 that was a total project engine in pieces, a trany no bell housing or shifter. but it came with floor pans still in the box and completely gutted interior. And I was seriously considering it until I needed emergency surgery. And someone gratefully purchased it before I got back on my feet. that left me with a twelve hour road trip for this.

00H0H_5mG2hJtN8Oo_1200x900.jpg

·
10,982 Posts
Looks nice!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts