Mercury Cougar Owners banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well, I have had my car in storage for nearly 20 years (well, in my back yard for the past 10) and I have slowly replaced this and that to get it road worthy again and now I just had it painted and it feels good to be driving it again. This was my first car through high school and part of college. My grandfather bought it new in 67 and it's been in the family ever since. I did ditch the white vinyl top but I like it better w/o it. It's been several years of little projects here and there but it been worth it. This isn't the best picture and I'm not done putting all the trim back on it but it still looks good! I'll get another picture when I get done installing all the molding and trim...

Attachments

·
Registered
508 Posts
Looks pretty darn fabulous,....a little distracted by the tail pipes, but real straight and smooth. Ponka,... I'm from Garber County! Nice little road course out at the lake, SCCA.

·
Registered
11,950 Posts
Grecian gold isn't it? Nice cat!

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks for the comments. I can't remember what the offical color is called but Grecian Gold sounds right. It's the "Y" code for 68. I agree about the tail pipes! I don't know what I was thinking back in my teens! That's on my list to fix though.

·
Registered
1,853 Posts
That is very cool that you have your first car!! I sure wish I had mine but am building one that will be same same when finished. Although this time there will a an awefull lot of memories that I don't want to re-create with this car!! :) They are still very good memories though!! Like my first drive in movie. Me and two gals saw Cheech and Chongs Up in Smoke!! We were sitting on the hood of the car using the windshield as a backrest. Patty was drinking Tickle Pink, I had a beer and her girl friend was drinking a little of both and lit up some smoke to go with the movie!!! No one will sit on the hood of this car!

·
Premium Member
13,577 Posts
Real nice! Just get some curb feelers for the tailpipes and you'll be all set! :buck:

1 - 10 of 10 Posts