Mercury Cougar Owners banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Contributing Member
320 Posts
logan,

hey your mr. july 2002!
great car. i will be picking up my first cougar this April.
1967 xr-7
i have to ask you about your wheels.
i just bought what i think is the same wheel.
is that a cragar street star 341series?
can you give me the specs on the wheels and tires.
i also just bought the same bf goodrich radials for my cougar.
i went with a 215/65-15 for the front and 245/60-15's on the rear.
they look so cool on your car....i hope my cars looks as nice.
do you remember if the bolt circle is 5 on 4.5 or 5 on 4.75?
hope i got the correct ones for my 67.

super cougar!

Jim

·
Registered
2,048 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks for the comments... God bless Texas eh? :)

I've got 225/60/15's on the front on Cragar Street Star 15x7x4.5's, and on the back are 295/50/15's on 15x8x4.5's... The Cragar 15x8's only come in a 4" offset and 295's DO fit, but barely.

For the combo to be perfect, 295's should really be mounted on 15x8, 4.5" offset rims (Weld Prostar's come in this config), for a 15x8 with 4" offset like mine(Cragar Street Stars), the max size is really 275/50/15's... (My tires rub a bit on hard bumps)

Bolt circle is 4.5"

·
Registered
3,404 Posts
Logan, I do have to say that is the nicest 69 I've seen in along time. No offense to anyone else here, yours are all nice too, but yours looks right.
I have 295's on mine to, (70) and they do fill up the wheel well nicely. On the 4.5 in. backspacing, you can fit the new BFG 305/50/15 without a problem. Been there, I bought a used set off my friend to try, and they look sweet.
I have to show the wife your wheels, I want those kind for awhile now, and she doesnt like them. Either those or 15x8 70 Cougar S.S. rims back 15x7 for front.

Here's a back view of my 295.

Attachments

·
Registered
210 Posts
Sweet 69

Love the color on her... The stance is great as well. Everything about that Cat is right on! One of the cleanest '69's I've seen. Would love to find one for my buddy Tad Logan to help him restore... '69's his dream car...

·
Registered
1,369 Posts
Logan
I just told my wife if I saw more '69's that looked like yours, I'd probably say the '69 was my favorite year instead of '70. Now we know what the wheels are but what is the color? I've been wanting to paint my ragtop yellow w/black, but since I have white interior...
Chuck

·
Registered
3,371 Posts
Logan....
Do you have any pics of the cars original color?

Don

·
Registered
2,048 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
This is what it looked like the day I picked it up in January 2000.

The dark green was a maaco paint job. The car was originally medium lime metallic (Slime green) with an Ivy interior, which is now Black.

Attachments

·
Registered
3,371 Posts
WOW!!!! What a difference. I have to say that the red (even though it's not a ford color) is a much more appealing color and as I said before the cat looks great.... :D

Don

·
Registered
2,048 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
You should've seen the interior before I started. Ugh. Mildew, rot, thoroughly and completely trashed. The engine bay wasn't much better.

I drove it home with the power steering busted, no lights working, a coolant leak, and blue smoke pourin' out of the exhaust.

It restrospect I should've driven to the junk yard, not my house. But it turned out ok, a few years later. :)

1 - 14 of 14 Posts