Mercury Cougar Owners banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
943 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Imagine my excitement to see a bad cat rolling out of the trailer only to be shattered :evil: by the big bow tie motor sitting in front :smoke:

·
Administrator
13,577 Posts
I think I just threw up in my mouth a little.

·
Registered
11,950 Posts
Lol.... pretty standard issue on the old track. Much cheapr to build Chebby motors.

·
6,980 Posts
Looks like that Cougar has an engine, with a distributor on the back of the block. Rat powered?

·
Administrator
13,577 Posts
Looks like that Cougar has an engine, with a distributor on the back of the block. Rat powered?
Ding, ding, ding! We have a winner!

·
Registered
943 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Well its a cat in body only, nothing like Tim's 9sec cat or Jim Barlows. Guess i'm sort of a purist, :evil: I like to see ford engines in fords :smoke:

·
Registered
11,950 Posts
Rat in a cat seems to Dr Suesse huh...... ;>P

·
Registered
943 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I thought that too Mike but I figured if I wrote it then Bob would throw up in his mouth again :1poke:

·
Registered
5,883 Posts
Lol.... pretty standard issue on the old track. Much cheapr to build Chebby motors.
I dunno, man. It's not like you're using a junkyard engine in that kind of race car. You're talking 20-25k for an engine, ford or chevy.

I've seen this car years ago here in NC. Looked him up and he used to race Farmington ( a small local track) and some others. Guy's name is Chris Plott. Can't remember talking to him.

·
Premium Member
5,758 Posts
1 - 18 of 18 Posts