Mercury Cougar Owners banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
291 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Parked outside my garage today was my 2011 Ford F350 powerstroke. Where I live we get the occasional wind storm with winds in excess of 75mph. My neighbor has this monstrosity of a tree 127 foot tall Blue spruce pine tree second oldest in the town. Well the wind finally brought it down. Yep, You guessed where it landed right on top of my truck. The tree hit with such force that it actually bent the frame. I had the insurance adjuster out and he totaled it. Said that it wouldn't even be possible to make it safe again. Well on the plus side I still have my van to drive. I just got the issues resolved with the bodyshop and my cougar and now this fun stuff. Too much fun

·
Registered
389 Posts
Wow damaged , insurance adjuster, and totaled all in one day. Pix?

·
Registered
291 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
The tree actually fell sunday. Insurance came yesterday and totaled today. I have to say there is no better insurance company than USAA. I will post some pictures here shortly as soon as I get home

·
Contributing Sr Motorhead
5,470 Posts
Dibs on the drivetrain!!!

·
Registered
291 Posts
Discussion Starter #5

·
Registered
11,950 Posts
Sorry about your truck! You could probably buy it back and part it out for a fair chunk - somebody may be interested in a transplant and would want the whole shebang to get the wiring, controls, etc...

1 - 7 of 7 Posts