Mercury Cougar Owners banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
240 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
heh it was great. i was driving home today, and i was on the 210 and i just get on and see a 60 something malibu, so i gain up to it and we both look at each other and like give a little head nod, and just continue on sort of back and fourth fun :) and then i notice a ricer coming up on our tails. he comes up and slowly passes us, next to the malibu. so then the rice takes off and of course the malibu goes right with him. so i'm like sweet and i follow, and so we're all racing around on the freeway, its pretty empty so it was smooth sailing. and so then the malibu gains and cuts him off, the guy brakes and backs off, so i zoom up and get next to the ricer and we just box him in. it was awesome so the rice sits there just like looking at me, and so the malibu has to get off on the next exit cause he just breaks off and heads for the exit, as he's leaving he smiles and waves at me, so i do the same. and continue with the ricer, but he just bolts and takes off ahead. it was soo cool cause i didn't even know the malibu, but being in the muscle car "family" :) we both had a connection. when the ricer passed us it was like we were hunting :lolani: and we just both knew we had to chase after the ricer. it was so much fun. i love having a classic muscle car, cause it not only having a nice car, but everytime you see another muscle its like you know each other. its awesome :) so yea thats my story :p:

·
Registered
5,299 Posts
yeah... there is this 68 Camaro that cruises through the parking lot at work when my car is there alot. nice Camaro too.. very healthy.. and how do i know that?? raced it along time ago and got smoked... BAD lol. seeing other Cougars on the road always starts a convorsation though. its always cool. sometimes the Stangs guys are kind of stuck up.. but the Stang chicks are cool lol :)

·
Registered
77 Posts
That old car bond is always cool. I was cruising with one of my friends last night on the way to a wake, well actually one of the guys is getting married next week so we needed to throw him a party. On the way we stopped to get gas. My friend has a really cool 1970 Super Bee clone which gets lots of attention. As we pulled up to the pumps, I noticed the guy on the other side of the pumps had a really sweet 1963 Thunderbird ,bright red with a cool set of period daisy wheels. Just as I was about to say nice car the other guy cut me off and said love your car. I went in to pay for the gas and when I came out i looked at the two cars at the pumps and thought man It must have been cool back then.
mercury68
I think this cougar forum is cool!!!

·
Registered
3,201 Posts
"man It must have been cool back then."

This is a picture of a Nissan experimental car, I found it in a 1972 car mag, I wonder if people back then with muscle cars etc ever looked at this type of car and thought 'man I would love one of those'.

·
Registered
77 Posts
That thing is about half cool.The front end reminds me of 90's models 300zx. The wheels look like late 70's Z-28 maybe?? I'm sure that if the people from that era could see how bland 85% of the new cars would be they would have cherished their old musclecars even more. What scares me is that we may be the same way. I hope that Ford and Mercury continues to lead the way with powerful, stylish and almost affordable cars.
mercury68
I think this cougar forum is cool!!!

·
Registered
889 Posts

I was 10 years old and my sister was dating this guy who went to Veit Nam when he got out he pulled in the drive with a 1968 green firebird convertable classic crager wheels wide tires in the back hood tac,455 under the hood.headders 4 speed 8-track he took me for a ride up on the free way after that I was HOOKED on muscle.By the time I could drive after a few rust belt beaters I got my first cougar a 67 -289 the rest we'll have to wait and see.

·
Premium Member
5,758 Posts
Feels good huh?
to have people on the main streets at stoplights say(HEY NICE CAR) or when you go to a gas station or stop for something and they ask"what year is that?" and then you tell them and they say"i had such a year" and they regret getting rid of it. Iremember last year i was going to a local beach when i was living in RI. I come up to a stoplight and to biker guys pull up beside of me and ask"what year is this?" Itell them its a 70. They ask "you wanna sell it?" I said no thanks its got way to much sentimental value they said"aww come on " i said sorry but no thanks. As i`m driving away they pull beside me again, i`m thinking WTF now what do they want. While were doing 30mph one biker asks "what engine is in the car?" I tell them a 351 cleveland. EE gods what people would do to try n check out your car.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts