4,105 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
just a closer look at the intake.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
3,404 Posts
Holy crap

I want it, even though it's for a Windsor. That would be worth buying a 67/68 for wouldnt it.

·
Premium Member
4,105 Posts
Discussion Starter #4

·
Premium Member
4,105 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Rick,
Yes it would be worth getting a 67/68. It could double the value of many just installing this set.

·
Premium Member
3,404 Posts
Yeah, there is a 68 near here for 800. Canadian. If I had the extra money and time, I would go get it. Buy that set-up and boom, car's worth 3200. Canadian,lol.

Rick

·
Registered
5,299 Posts
800 Canadian?? well i have 3 bucks US wanna buy it for me??? lol jk jk. had to say it...

·
Premium Member
4,105 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Jonny,
He has a tent! And needed it. Neal.

·
Contributing Sr Motorhead
5,470 Posts
Cougar Holy Grail?

That's funny, I always thought the Holy Grail of Cougars would be to find one of the two '69 Boss 429 Cougars. I hear unconfirmed rumors that one has been found in Indiana, but that means there may be one still out there somewhere!

By the way,

Ni! ;)

·
Registered
1,832 Posts
Ok, I'm stupid!! Whats the big deal on this setup? Why is it so special? A Cougar 289 or 302 manifold? What car is it for? By the way I'm more interested in the cross ram behind it. mm

·
Premium Member
2,048 Posts
A local shelby owner I bought my rear end off of showed me a couple of his gems in his attic... A set of round/oval port s/b heads in immaculate condition, with port-matched intake and an NOS T/A cam...

I was salivating over their complete impracticality, but alas, there's no way in heck he'd ever part with 'em...

·
Registered
216 Posts
Cougrrcj,

You're kind of dating yourself by associating with the knights who say "NI!" Of course I am now too.

This rare nostalgia type stuff is very cool, kind of along the same lines of the guys who collect very rare and expensive guns. Very cool to look at and admire, but worth too darn much too use, really. This type of intake setup would find a nice home atop one of the show only cars with the little tippies still on the tires. (those things from when the tires were made)

I'm the type of guy who is too darn simple to own something I can't use for fear of putting a scratch on it.

Ron.

·
Registered
5,299 Posts
ronzoni said:

I'm the type of guy who is too darn simple to own something I can't use for fear of putting a scratch on it.
he he he. im with you. my car isnt perfect at all, but dammit, at least i can drive it and not kill someone when they door ding it ( which has happened twice now )

·
Registered
67 Posts
I thought the holy grail of cougars was the rear quarter emblems for under 50 bux each...I've seen NOS on ebay for 150 each and up up up...

·
Registered
5,299 Posts
here ya go, original ones. err, no cost... he he he. well, not if you get them through me....

Attachments

·
Registered
1,832 Posts
Thanks for explaning that Jim. Kinda figured it was something like that. I'm still more interested in the cross ram behind it. Now to me THATS COOL!! mm

·
Contributing Member
2,897 Posts
69 429?

umm those i believe were 71 cats i know they were third generation for sure have to check out my books. anyhow they are the the holy grail by far.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts