Mercury Cougar Owners banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
174 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The correct valvecovers 351cl 4v ?
Someone who can tell me how the valvecovers should look like to 351 cleveland 4V-70.
I’ve seen some who have the text “ POWERED BY FORD” and some with only “ FORD” on . But I’m not shore what’s original. What is right. I try to mail a photo of a valve cover. Could it be a 351 Cleveland 4V -70? Is there any different between 2V and 4V covers?
I’ll be very happy if someone can help me with this!
Thanks SwedeCougar
:confused:

Attachments

·
Registered
2,145 Posts
as far as know those might be original. the 4v 351c i have has after market chrome jobs, i never cared much for chrome an an engine. i am going to go with a pair of aluminium finned / black crinkle paint. What div. are you in out there in Sweden?

·
Registered
314 Posts
Those are more than likely the originals. Although the the valve covers from both my 2V and 4V Cleveland heads say "Power By Ford".

·
Registered
2,145 Posts
you are Army engineer?

·
Registered
600 Posts
well

Well my covers on my 73 351C 2V look exactly like yours do SwedeCougar, and they are the rarer of the two kinds.

Bowl i have the exact set you are getting in polised Aluminum, they rock!!

·
Registered
67 Posts
I think the "Powered by Ford" covers are harder to find. I've see quite a few with only the Ford logo at swap meets. Swedecougar check out the rest of my answer at your other post.

·
Registered
1,832 Posts
I parted a 70 last year and still have the engine that came out of it. For what its worth, they are the power by ford covers. You can have them if you wanted to pay the shipping. mm

1 - 9 of 9 Posts