Mercury Cougar Owners banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,364 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well, the new cat (Cougar XR-7) is in it's new den tonight. We went down to Connecticut this morning and trailered it back. I've updated the web page with some pictures of it on the trailer and a couple of interior shots after getting it into the garage. I started cleaning up the stainless trim pieces around the outside and it looks like most of them will clean up nicely. I also started cleaning the windows and they appear to still be clear and pretty much scratch-free.

We tried turning over the engine and it did turn over, but it didn't start and there was an unpleasant clanking sound coming from somewhere in the top of the engine. So, we'll tear it down and rebuild it. Fortunately, I assumed I'd have to do that when I calculated the offer.

Here is where the pictures are - webpages.charter.net/bpratt/ourponies.htm

As a side note, my friend (and restorer) Dave used his car trailer and F-350 Super Duty crew cab truck to trailer the car. That truck is awesome! There are some pretty good grades on I-84 between Cheshire, CT and the Massachusetts Turnpike but that truck didn't break a sweat and had no problem at all accelerating to highway speed up the on-ramp. It has the 7.3 Powerstroke Diesel engine, so I now understand why previous discussions on trucks have rated that engine so highly.

·
Premium Member
414 Posts
Looks like a good project. Keep us updated.:)

1 - 2 of 2 Posts