Mercury Cougar Owners banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
246 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well, I dropped the car off on Wednesday to get the paint and body done.

The car is going to be painted Vitamin C, which you can see at the following links:
http://www.telusplanet.net/public/aarcuda/images/registry_cudal.jpg
http://www.cars-on-line.com/73dodge11275.html

I'm getting a single stage acrylic job (I know I know, cheap stuff and it won't last as long...) and all of the bodywork straightened. Hood, trunk and door jambs added on. They're putting on the new door/hinges/pins for me, and painting the scoop/spoilers matte black.

We're paying $1875 for all of that, which seems like a pretty good price. It's supposed to be done in 2.5 weeks, which is plenty of time to make it to the Fab Fords show.

With the money we're saving on the paintjob, we're going to get 15" Cragar S/S wheels and maybe the interior (if I enter in the Cougar Club show if they have it in May again, I'll def. have interior by then).

I'm really excited, and I can't wait to see the car.

·
Registered
1,238 Posts
Make sure you post those pictures in the Gallery. We are excited too.;) Congratulations!

·
Registered
197 Posts
Sounds great, I like the era color. Post pics!

·
Premium Member
5,758 Posts
PICS PICS PICS, gotta see the great look of the cat when its done.If you keep up on the maintence of the paint job(washing waxing detailing) the paint job will last a long time.
thanks
pat

·
Registered
246 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
droptopcat70 said:
PICS PICS PICS, gotta see the great look of the cat when its done.If you keep up on the maintence of the paint job(washing waxing detailing) the paint job will last a long time.
thanks
pat
Trust me, the night before we go to pick up the car, I'll be making sure the batteries are charged in the digicam. Soooooooo many pictures ready to be taken. Too bad the wheels on it now will be uglying it up until they're replaced. Hopefully the wheels will be redone by Knott's too.

Is there going to be a Cougar Club show this year? If so, I might have the car mostly done (appearance wise) by then.

·
Premium Member
5,758 Posts
jason,
i think there may be just a east show but next year i think theres going to be a west show . Dont quote me on it but i think that is the idea
thanks
pat

·
Registered
246 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
San Diego huh? When is it? How many cars show up? I'll try to bring the car there if I can get time off. And if it doesn't conflict with Route 66 (personal goal set at last year's Route 66 was to get my car in next year...)

Got a link?

·
Contributing Member
6,137 Posts
Hey Munch! Congrats! You sound like an expectant father. From my experience, there is no better period in a car project than putting it back together after new paint. Everything looks so much better than it did before. Looking forward to those pics.

Mark

·
Premium Member
1,915 Posts
So Cal Show

MunchE
You have some time after the FFF (Fab Fords Forever).
The So Cal Cougar Club is indeed having a show in July. We usually have a "Cat Sratch Fever" show between nationals.
Basically same location as the Nationals in Cypress. We are planning to have a huge show where someone will win a set of Magnum 500's for $2.
The show will be July 27th. More details to follow as show time gets closer.
Tim you'd best be there.
See you all at FFF!!

·
Registered
246 Posts
Discussion Starter #11

·
Registered
1,238 Posts
Going to look sweet!:)

·
Premium Member
5,758 Posts
any idea on the color you are going to choose? car does look in great condition . Hope everything turns out well
thanks
pat

·
Registered
246 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Yeah, Vitamin C

Here's a Vitamin C Cuda:

1 - 14 of 14 Posts