Mercury Cougar Owners banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I bought the original "Gone In 60 Seconds" on dvd today.
First, this is definatly better than the newer one. Well, if you like movies that are essentially pointless, have a pretty weak plot that doesnt entirely make sense, like "Vanishing Point" (the 1st one, the 2nd one sucks), than you'll probably like it.
Anyway, they keep talkin about Toby Halicki ("The Car Crash King"), and movies he did & that kinda stuff. They mention "Junkman" and "Gone in 60 Seconds 2" which is NOT the new one. Does anybody know where I can find these?
That movie made me want a '73 (or 71/72) Mustang. The insurance is too high & they seem to be rather expensive for fastbacks anyway. I'd still rather have the Cougar.

·
Registered
5,299 Posts
the second Gone in 60 wasnt made ( err, finished i mean ) as far as i know. i agree that the new one sucked arse. i think the Civic racing the Porsche at the beginning and all the hype about the GT500 being so bad ass pretty much soured it for me. its cool because i live in Socal and have driven over the Vincent Thomas bridge many time and i always think about that movie when i go over it. and esp now narrow it is in particular. as far as a 71-73 Stang... i ALMOST had one. 351C Q code 4 spd Mach1 that was rough but fully within my means for a resto. 3.50 geared traction lok and a staggared rear end. sweet... well, would have been if the owner didnt back out of the deal i made with him :( i still like the big bodied Stangs most of all though. and still pretty cheap too.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
5,758 Posts
the car crash king

Steve,
what did he end up doing with the car? It looks like to be in real good shape(but from the front ya cant really see much).He should have sold it to you n restored that other mustang next to it.
thanks
pat

·
Registered
5,299 Posts
he still has the car, but hes having some work done to his house so he had teh car shipped out to 29 Palms. :( both front fenders need to be replaced and it needs some body work. the engine is out, but its a numbers matching 4 bolt Cleveland. i still want the car, but now he doesnt want to give it up. originally the deal was for me to paint that 65 fastback in the background and the 72 was in exchange for the work ( and it needed alot ) but he backed out and now he still wants be to do the work. but hes poor so i know he wont be able to afford it. hence why i offered to do it for a car that although would be nice fixed up, still wasnt worth the actualy money of work that i would do to the 65. maybe one day ill get shold of one or both before they both turn into dust and rust and dirt. oh yeah, they are both V8 4 SPd cars. not in good neighborhoods too, so have fun trying to find them if anyone around here wants to go a theiven lol.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
:eek2: mussssssssssssst haaaaaaaaaaave *drooling*

btw, if u do get it, can u get some interior shots?

·
Registered
5,299 Posts
how about this one showing the rimblow and the hurst shifter?

Attachments

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
ohh yeah thats the stuff, lol
thanks, I wasnt sure what it looked it like (gotta know where to mount the tach & stuff...). I get bored & start lookin through catalogs at stuff I dont have the money for, for cars I dont have (cuz I dont have the money for em). Right now, I'm workin on a really badass '89 Grand Marquis that my girlfriend has. 13 second 1 legger sedans are cool!:D

·
Registered
59 Posts
sixt9coug said:
i ALMOST had one. 351C Q code 4 spd Mach1
The q code is a cobra jet, isn't it:D My friends dad has one and is wanting $8000 for it. He knows what it is and what it can do(trust me I've seen him in action). It is mostly restored but it has some spider cracks on the body and some bubbles on the spoiler.Here's a pic.

Attachments

·
Registered
600 Posts
stikman!

Hey where in CT are ya located?
I live in MA and would like to meet some fellow Cat peeps in my area.
Plmk
Thanks

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Im in Unionville, or Farmington, same thing. Its about 45 minutes in morning traffic to the state line.

ohh, before I forget, anybody want to buy my '89 Integra LS? Email me for details ([email protected]).
Book value in "fair" condition $1476. I'm doing some work to it, that + windshield brings it up to "good" condition (about $1900).
I'd like to get $1500 after work is done, but its negotiable of course.

·
Registered
600 Posts
hmmm

Ya near Manchester at all?
I am heading there tommorow morning to go to FastGo muffler to have my Flowies put on , maybey we can meet for breakfast near there, if ya want call me at 413-782-2121 i am up now...lol
Thanks

·
Registered
5,299 Posts
dunno if you can read it, but here are the numbers off the Mach1s door. proof is in the Q lol

Attachments

·
Registered
56 Posts
Junkman movie

Junkman is available from amazon.com in a DVD, Gone in 60 seconds 2 is supposed to be coming out soon according to haliki's widow...

·
Registered
59 Posts
I cant really see any letters but I believe you that there is a q there. Now, that q means insted of a normal 351 cleveland, it is a 351cleveland cj. Meaning lots more horsepower(around 428 or so with the right cam) and gobs of torque. The only difference between a normal cleveland and a cj is the staggered 4 barrel intake and very mean heads.:D

I didnt know if you knew that or not so i figured that I might as well just say it.

·
Registered
5,299 Posts
yeah, too bad the owner of this one doesnt want to let it go anymore. ill keep working on it though. i dont expect any results for a long long time though so oh well.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Re: hmmm

73XR7 said:
Ya near Manchester at all?
I am heading there tommorow morning to go to FastGo muffler to have my Flowies put on , maybey we can meet for breakfast near there, if ya want call me at 413-782-2121 i am up now...lol
Thanks
I'm not far from Manchester, what time are you gonna be there? I'm supposed to be at work by 9:00 in New Britain.

I was looking for Mallory Billet Aluminum after work today, I was down by Robertson Airport (not much an airport, good strip though) and I saw this Cougar for sale on the side of the road. So I backed up after sliding past a couple houses, I took a look, its a pretty good condition '68, 302/auto, brown, I think it had a white vinyl top forgot already, anywho, they want $5k for it. Around here, if the cars not advertised for someone in another town to see, it'll be there for a couple months. I dont have the money, but in case anyones interested, just thought I'd let ya know.

·
Registered
246 Posts
The original Gone in 60 is awesome, I bought the DVD not long ago.

That movie rocks me.

·
Registered
168 Posts
forgot somthin MAVERIk

The 4-bolt main was also something that the cjs had, and also a nodular rear end with limited slip.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts