Mercury Cougar Owners banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
364 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
this fine site (which has definitely gotten finer since i found it) and those who come here got me going on my quest for a 73. i know, i know, 73's aren't as muscular as the older cats, but, hey, i loved that car.

anyway, i found one and it's near mint. i have to drive 7 hours to see it and finalize the deal and naturally it's way more than i wanted to pay, but what the hell. a dream fulfilled.

thanks to all, even if you didn't realize you were helping.

·
Registered
3,371 Posts
I had 2 73''s both were fforest green with the slime green top. I also loved those cats! I now have a '68 and the love affair has sarted all over again......

To steal Steve's line......

Keep On Cattin'

Don:cool:

·
Registered
364 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
that's part of the problem...

I have to find someone to ride seven hours to CT without wanting to drive the Cougar back home.

·
Registered
1,832 Posts
Just do like I do and take you wife. If shes like mine I wouldnt care if she drives the Cougar home as long as I didnt have to listen to her for another 7 hrs on the ride back home. mm

·
Registered
364 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
taking the wife isn't an option...

since i have to go during the week. even if she could get off work, i wouldn't want her to miss two days pay. gotta pay for the cougar, ya see...

·
Registered
1,832 Posts
2 days huh? I got it figured out now. You could turn the trip in a day but you will spend the night out and celabrate the new car and party right? A man after my own heart. mm

·
Registered
364 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
that and...

at my vastly advanced age, fourteen hours driving with a brief bargaining resbit in the middle is way more than i could manage. in the old days, i'd just, um, well, let's say "use some awareness enhancers" and zip down the road.

of course, the opportunity to party in a strange new land is a nice consolation prize.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts