Mercury Cougar Owners banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,369 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Got a piece of one of my favorite Cougars today!

Pat (droptopcat70) is re-doing his cat (above)

I got the pleasure of buying his tire/rim set and they arrived today:

Although not a Cougar, I really like the center caps:

Although 'just' tires and wheels, Pat really took above and beyond care for their trip from Florida to Virginia. Shrink wrapped in sets of two, tied through the lug holes to help keep them together and cardboard cut to fit slipped between the wheels as well as on the outer areas!!! I just had to post saying THANK YOU again Pat for the opportunity to get a great set of wheels and tires from a car I have always admired!!
Thanks
Chuck

·
Registered
2,493 Posts
awesome! hows your cat coming along btw?

·
Premium Member
5,758 Posts
Hey chuck,
thank you again for the wonderful words.I appreciate you saying great things about my 70.I am in the process of now getting the final pieces to finish the body from our friend chris that is holding some parts i need.But again i am happy you love the wheels and will love to see them on your car once its painted.

thanks again chuck for everything n the kind words.

thanks
pat

·
Premium Member
13,577 Posts
Pat,

Where'd you get those center caps? And did you paint the rims? Never thought of white as a wheel color but on your car they look right at home and look great.

Regards,

Bob

·
Premium Member
5,758 Posts
Bob,
actually i got the idea from steve aka SIXT9COUG.The center caps are from a mercury marauder.And i had the wheels powdercoated to match the car.I thought they looked great on the car and were low.I also had the chin spoiler too but my fiance thought it didnt look right so i did a trade with chuck for a pair of 70 bumperettes for the chin spoiler and sold him the wheel adapters, and wheels for a package deal too.Im going to go with these wheels in 18 inches all the way around once the car is in the final stages of being done.
thanks
pat

http://www.newstalgiawheel.com/wheel_detail.asp?subcat3=1131118

·
Registered
1,369 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Bob-
I just saw Pat's reply, so i guess you have your answer. I was going to tell you they definitely have 'Ford' on the back of them with about about 10 different, what I assume are, parts numbers. If you need/want the numbers just let me know and I will send them to you.
Thanks
Chuck

1 - 6 of 6 Posts