Mercury Cougar Owners banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,048 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Congratulations go out to our very own Donald Jaeger(Texrep), the lucky winner of Project Tiffany, which was raffled off this weekend at the West Nationals by the SoCal Cougar club in California!!

Now, why MY luck isn't that good, I'll never know...

·
Registered
1,832 Posts
Jeesh!! I couldnt even win the 50/50 drawing at the car show I went to today!! Anyway,WAY to Go Texrep!!!:D :D :D Congrats man. I'm very happy for you! mm

·
Registered
866 Posts
Logan said:
Personally, I'm diggin' the mercurycougar.net hawaiian shirt. :D
Hey! When are you gonna get us some fancy Mercurycougar.net stickers like TCCN's? :D I have no stickers on my car, but I'll run one of those.

·
Registered
95 Posts
sticker

I would also sport a mercurycougar.net sticker.:p:

·
Contributing Sr Motorhead
5,470 Posts
Hawaiian shirt crowd

Houston, I think we have a problem.

I was hoping that we MercuryCougar.net folks would stand out in the crowd at the show, but that just wasn't the case! I made a point of actually going out and buying a Hawaiian shirt for the show, but i guess many of you didn't wear them at the show but inteded to wear them to the awards banquet. Well, that didn't do me any good! I was running around asking all of the Hawaiian shirt wearers who they were. I even had a supply of nametags to stick on y'all. I only scored two positive .net folks among you! Everone else I had approached that was wearing Hawaiian shirts thought I was nuts! It seems that Hawaiian shirts are the relaxation wear of choice out here in LA. In a different location, like maybe Dallas or Cleveland we'd stick out like sore thumbs, but not here in laid-back LA.

Of the two people I did happen to stumble on was Don aka Texrep. Glad I was able to talk to the winner of Tiffany, even though i would have like to have been 'forced' to drive that poor kitty all the way back to Cleveland if I would have won her. :jump3:

Congrats, Don! Nice to have met you, however briefly! :ylsup:

Milo

·
Registered
300 Posts
Yeah, I bumped into several with the shirts... when I asked about this site, they just kinda looked at me.. you know, like when you make a squeeky noise and your dog cocks his head to the side and his ear flip flop? (I'll wait, just take a second and go visual on that one) . . .

Anyway, I was there... I'd have been the one stalking the blonde in the micro shorts and tied top... I mean, I was checking out her blue cougar.. yeah, that's what I was doing... even when she wasn't near it... I was following her to see if maybe she had a picture of it with her. (that's my story and I'm stickin to it) :D

I walked up every row with the video camera, I'll grab some captures of hawiian shirts and see who people are, yes?

Robert

·
Contributing Member
2,897 Posts
I had a great time but gave up on the shirt thing since i dressed in my TCCN shirt. but was happy to see those i did see and was able to get to talk to if only breifly. Dusk till dawn and OC_cougar and all the others. I brought down john schnieder who owns the oldest GTE still alive on record. he loved the show and cant wait to go for more and congrats to donald at least i got a 110.00 pillow:D oh well im like logan im lucky at love only. Had a great time and Logan next year i will have A mercurycougar net shirt on since TCCN will be no more. I just could not find the time this year. Sure wish i could of joined the southern california cougar club but three and a half hours is just to long a comute to club enents but i do like the through pillow. I need to start a middle california club.

·
Contributing Member
162 Posts
Man!

Man wouldn't you figure eh.....the best prize they give away at car shows up here in Canada is a 6 pack....and it isn't usually even cold. He Hee....just kidding. I know I never have that kind of luck though.

Well, a big congrats to ya Don....enjoy!

Dale

·
Registered
3,371 Posts
yeah... yahs right!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I was so happy to meet some of you guys... Cougarrj & OCcougar, & Gary (aka ) 68XR7G) I had a graet time...... Let alone winning Tiffiny!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! The Cat drives like a dream... Now I have two to care for:D

The show was great!!!!!!!!!! Now I know what alot af you guys look like.... not that it matters.....but is was great to see everyone............ KEEP ON CATTIN'

Don

·
Premium Member
1,915 Posts
texrep

Now you have to change your signature to reflect a certain 1967 Standard Tiffany Blue Cougar
Garey

·
Premium Member
4,106 Posts
I didn't even know about the Hawaiian shirt thing untell after I got to the show. Texrep, I'm sorry I did not get to meet you. Congrats on the new Cougar. And as for Michelle and her blue 69, I had a hard time Judging her car as I kept getting distracted! Great person. I had dinner with Richard Klepach of Springfield MA. His wife and he are original owners of a early 67 standard that they have put over 500,000 miles on. Including a trip to Seattle for the nationals in 1997. They did not bring it out this time. I met so many people, I only wish I had time to have met every one. Neal.

·
Registered
209 Posts
Hawiaiin Shirts ARE big in L.A.

You might have had better luck if you asked people to wear wool coats :) ...or rain slickers ! (<3 inches last year).

Combine the casual atmosphere of SoCal, the sometimes "theme" days that some employers allow, and the fact that shirts like this are in HUGE supply at local stores and you'll get an idea why you saw so many...

At BIG BROTHER 3 we wear Hawiaiin shirts for the studio tapings every Thursday. Three year tradition. (Can't wear them IN the house, though...)

1 - 15 of 15 Posts