Mercury Cougar Owners banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
106 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Interested in seeing a Tennessee CCOA chapter?
We are……..

It gets a little depressing going to car show after car show and being the only Cougar amongst the Mustangs, Fairlanes, Firebirds, GTOs, Chevelles and Camaros…. What is it that gets these cars out in numbers????
A strong club base!

While attending the East Coast Cougar Nationals in Atlanta, it seems that there are a few Cougar owners here in Tennessee and talk started to see if there was enough of an interest in forming a Tennessee chapter of CCOA.
What is CCOA????? It’s the Cougar Club of America that’s 22 years strong.

We are gathering information of interested Cougar owners/admirers to see if the interest is high locally.
The Kentuckiana Cougar Club is hosting their FIRST annual Cougar and All Ford show in Louisville, KY on Septermber, 7th. It will be at the Kingfish Restaurant on the corner of River Road and Zorn Ave.

Wouldn’t it be great to get our chapter started there along with showing a strong representation from Tennessee???

Please contact either Sandra & Chris Kiger or David Chontofalsky for more information.

Sandra/Chris Kiger
2801 Bloomfield Drive
Thompson Station, Tn 37179
[email protected]

David Chontofalsky
1804 Riverside Drive
Nashville, Tn 37216
[email protected]

Please contact Mike Donnelly for more information in West Tennessee.

Mike Donnelly
7725 Eaglet Cove
Cordova, TN 38016
901-755-9903
[email protected]

·
Registered
2,853 Posts
DITTO

OPRY-CATS, U.S.A. "THE CLASSIC MERCURY COUGAR-BUILT TO LEAD-BUILT TO LAST"

·
Registered
89 Posts
Caravan to Louisville from Nashville?

Anyone interested in caravaning up to the show in Louisville early Saturday morning for this show?

David

·
Registered
2,853 Posts
SURE

I'll be trailering mine and leaving early sat. morn around O-dark-thirty. I have to get back by around 6 in the evening so a long short day for me and a friend. Fine to drive together and cruise the 4 hrs. there.. E-mail me if you want. Brad:)

·
Registered
9 Posts
:D I think having a line of cats invading KY would be great. Chris and I are planning on leaving early Saturday morning as well. We need to come up with a central meeting place.

·
Registered
2,853 Posts
COUGAR RUN MEETING

How about North Nashville as I live near there and would be getting on I-65 north to Louisville right there anyway:

There is Cedar Hill Park on Old hickory Blvd. near Dickerson. Plenty of Parking and only a couple of miles to I-65 N.

Or, right where I-65 N. and Old Hickory Blvd. meet there is a large hotel and gas stations and when we are all there; we just jump on the Freeway and cruise!

In about 3.5 to 4.0 hours with a pit stop for food, releif, and fuel, (FRF) we should "invade" Louisville. :angryfi:

·
Registered
2,853 Posts
CEDAR HILL PARK

To account for the pit stop and haveing time to unload and clean the cats a little before it gets too much later and all cars in place by say; 10:00 AM we should leave Nashville, AKA: Cedar Hill Park on old Hickory Blvd. around )6:00 AM.

Sound OK?

6:00 AM from Cedar Hill Park Saturday Sept. 7.

Gassed, (I mean "fueled" ) ready to go!

Do we have all 10 prospective new members? SOUND OFF.!!!:eek2:

·
Registered
9 Posts
KY time of invasion

:angryfi: That meeting place is fine with the Kigers. We're off of I-65 also. Let the invasion begin. Sandra

·
Registered
2,853 Posts
A SMALL BUT "CATERIFIC" INVASION

Well, looks like we have 3 to 4 cats for this invasion. I guess I will be the slower transport of the "armada" as mine is trailered but I will try to keep up. Although how can everybody enjoy seing the "cats" cruisin if we are cruisin too fast. Sounds like a nice drive.
Hope we can get a few more: Sandra- e-mail your list and try to get a few more comitments if you can. Guess every body knows Cedar Hill Park. See you there!!

·
Registered
2 Posts
Cougar and Ford Show

Count me in for the meeting at 6:00 AM that Saturday for the trip to Louisville.

My 69 XR-7 convertible is ready to go.

I'm also quite interested in the discussions about a local Cougar Club.

Regards,

Scott Cavanaugh

·
Registered
9 Posts
Glad to have you aboard

Scott, Welcome to the cat prowl - i.e. invasion KY. Can't wait to see you on Saturday morning. I will put you on the list as a yes for a TN club. You are number man 11. WE DO HAVE enough to have a TN club start up. Welcome. Spread the word for us. See you soon. Sandra:D :D :D

·
Registered
9 Posts
I need your email address

:1poke: Scott - Could I bother you for your email address. I need it so we can keep in contact with you and the other members of the startup team can welcome you aboard. Thanks - Sandra:D

·
Registered
9 Posts
KY invasion

:wave: Hey gang. Just an update for the KY invasion in September. Trying to get the numbers straight. So far we have 10 cars going to KY representing the Tn club startup. Let's hear from you about where you're going to be coming from. Maybe we can all get together at a central meeting place close to the KY boarder. I know that the Middle TN cats are going to be meeting in a park off of I-65 N. What about the rest of you cats?

Chris Kiger

1 - 20 of 25 Posts