Mercury Cougar Owners banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
398 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ive been having some work done to my car and recently i noticed my temp gauge not working and i believe it was disconnected because i see what i thought was the wire for the temp gauge on the dash

But i connected it together and nothing happened , either does anyone have pictures of were this wire is or how to follow were it leads to and make sure its connected

·
Registered
1,853 Posts
I really don't know anything about the 69 or 70's cars but what kind of work were you having done? Anything under the dash or was it all engine? Is the temp sending unit hooked up? I have had them go bad on me and they are either good or bad. When they quit ya just have to replace them. I think it is mounted on the rear of your intake manifold?

·
Registered
398 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
this is for a 72' and i was having engine work done , but for some reason he was messing with the electrical and im pretty certain it was working prior to him working on it but it has been a while since this has happened

And im not sure if its all part of it but my amp gauge and oil gauge doesnt work either

·
Registered
3,141 Posts
IIRC the 71-73 have the AMP + TEMP + OIL cluster in the center cluster.
I would check for a disconnected plug with 4 (or 5) wires on it coming out the back of that cluster.

·
Registered
8,194 Posts
I really don't know anything about the 69 or 70's cars but what kind of work were you having done? Anything under the dash or was it all engine? Is the temp sending unit hooked up? I have had them go bad on me and they are either good or bad. When they quit ya just have to replace them. I think it is mounted on the rear of your intake manifold?
Temp sender on a 72 (351C) is on the front of the block, next to the water pump.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts