Mercury Cougar Owners banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Premium Member
414 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I can't believe it....TCCN is going away in April 2003...:cry: :cry: :cry: Is there any way to save it???

·
Contributing Member
2,897 Posts
yes volunteer! steve has just not enoughtime to do it anymore i have already offered to take on more responsibility but that means i would have to give up my cummunity correspondant job. we need volunteers to keepit up and going i know he puts inlong hours keeping it up and running. Should it go down anyways then maybe it will be reborn into something better but I personally would rather it stay the way it is. But if all our pleading doesnt work then we need to help out.

·
Premium Member
414 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I have already sent Steve an email volunteering my services.... To keep TCCN up and running would be beneficial to both the Cougar Community and to me of course. Anything I can do to help I will do. Sounds like the more volunteers we get the better. Steve can count me in. I am waiting his reply to my email from a couple of days ago....

·
Contributing Member
2,897 Posts
I hope he reconsiders but maybe he is just to tired it take allot of work to put it together efery month. but if he can get a group of people to edit different sections than he would just have to approve the final. thats a little for everyone and takes a load off of him so that way he keeps control because if it does close down i can persoanlly insure that another will take its place.

·
Premium Member
414 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
cougarguy said:
but if he can get a group of people to edit different sections than he would just have to approve the final. thats a little for everyone and takes a load off of him so that way he keeps control
I agree, I edit our newsletter each month and rather enjoy it. I am also the author of four web pages and am knowledgeable in that area. VOLUNTEERING is all it takes so send Steve a message!!!:D

·
Registered
648 Posts
Count me in...I'm a software developer and depending on the platform, language, etc (I am more proficient in Microsoft tools) I can provide technical assistance.

Ken

·
Registered
266 Posts
Maybe Steve and Logan can work out a deal and bring all of the TCCN recources, data, information etc... over to this web site. I know it would be an administration nightmare but it seems there are more than enough willing members that want to help. There is no reason why all of that information should just go away. Just my 2 cents worth.

·
Premium Member
414 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
ATTN: STEVE

I agree, the wealth of information should definitely be preserved somewhere....I am willing to bet that Steve already has that worked out. He seems to have put alot of thought into the closing of the site. Something else will hopefully take it's place, just let me know and I'll help.

STEVE!!! All the best to you and yours. We all appreciate the enormous contribution you made to our hobby and the Cougar Community. I'm sure I speak for all of us when I say THANKS!!
:D :D

·
Registered
3,371 Posts
Exactly!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! What can I do????????????

Don

·
Registered
110 Posts
closing?

why? this is one of the best things going for cougar nuts. i lost my harddrive several months back and just now found the site again. please don't shut it down. i'll have to go on prozac! what can i do to help.:confused: :cry: :cry: :cry:

·
Registered
600 Posts
ummm i want to help but how?

I am new to owning a Cougar but i would love to help somehow i am not really versed in anything but i can put in a H*** of a effort!
PLMK how i can help!

·
Registered
2,853 Posts
THE LONGEST THREAD

I'm hoping this will be the longest thread in TCCN history. SOUND OFF CAT FANS AS WE MUST SAVE OUR NETWORK.

COUGRRRMAN SAYS SO!

How can we help?

Count me in!!:)

·
Registered
1,102 Posts
I would be glad to help in any way I can, unfortunatly I'm not extremly computer lierate and don't know cat history that great but I'm willing and thats a start! I think we just need some orgianization to our efforts, with the right direction and the combined efforts of the cougar community I don't see why we couldn't save it. Give me some direction and turn me loose!!!
John
wvcat

·
Registered
633 Posts
TCCN is wonderful

TCCN is the best resource I have found on the web. April 2003 will be a very sad day for me.

I want to thank All who participated in the site for the awesome amount of time you have spent. It has been a wonderful help to me.

If the site is going down is it possible that the site could be transferred to a CD version and released to Cougar owners and enthusiasts alike, or even a download version so that we will still have the endless amount of information available?

:( :( :(

·
Premium Member
2,048 Posts
I should mention this for those that may have been confused.

www.Mercurycougar.net is a 100% independant entity from TCCN and will not be going anywhere.

Mercurycougar.net stands willing to do anything asked of us to ensure the content of TCCN will not be lost to the community.

Knowing the kind of dedicated fellow Steve is, I'm sure he's got plans or will come up with a viable plan to transfer that content/knowledge to an appropriate entity, whether that be mercurycougar.net, the CCOA, or some other Cougar related organization.

Hope this clears up any confusion that's been coming across my desk.

·
Registered
519 Posts
As I was browsing thru the site again today I just can't imagine all that great content not being accessible to Cougar owners.

I can offer space and bandwidth to help preserve and serve up some of the content on TCCN.

email me or icq me if there is anything I can do to help.

-Scott

1 - 16 of 16 Posts