Mercury Cougar Owners banner

1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
102 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have good news for TCCN fans, but first I would like to apologize for being so slow with this announcement. Jim Pinkerton sent notices to Logan and to the listserv a few days ago, but apparently the notice to Logan went astray.

The News:

Gary Weisenberger and I have worked out an agreement with the Cascade Cougar Club by which the CCC will begin hosting the TCCN Archives during the first week in May, 2003. At that time, we will eliminate the subscription login system and the Archives will become free to anyone who wishes to access them.

TCCN contains the most comprehensive collection of classic Cougar historical and technical information ever assembled in one place, and we are extremely grateful to the Cascade folks for helping us keep this valuable resource on-line. Members of the CCC have been TCCN's greatest supporters from the beginning, so we weren't surprised when Cascade President, Jeff Bingaman, stepped forward and offered the club's web site (www.cascadecougarclub.com) as a portal to the TCCN Archives.

I should also mention that the Registry Web Sites at TCCN will remain on the TCCN domain. For access to the GT-E, XR7-G and Eliminator Registry sites, go to www.theclassiccougarnetwork.com.

Keep on Cattin'!

Steve

·
Contributing Member
2,897 Posts
I was going to post it Steve but thought it should be anounced by you. Will CCC be acepting donations to help out with the bandwidth? Similiar to this site? I am just glad all our hard work will not go off into oblivion. Once again thanks for all your hard work on getting this done.

·
Registered
63 Posts
I look forward to spending some time at work going through the archives :)

·
Registered
3,371 Posts
Great news!!! the archive is priceless!! Thanks for all the hard work Steve and to all those who contributed to the site. it truely is a CLASSIC site....

Don

·
Premium Member
3,404 Posts
Im just wandering why mercurycougar.net didnt get a chance to archive them??? This place has a big Cougar following, and it would be awesome here.

Rick

·
Registered
2,853 Posts
Wherever it is, this site has been of great value to all of us and we can't forget that.
HOORAY for CASCADE Cougar CLUB.
!!!!!!!!!!!!!!++++++++++++++++!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!.

·
Registered
2,966 Posts
YYYYYYYEEEEEEEESSSSSSSSS!!!!!!

:jump3: :flipa: :lol2: :lol:
GREAT NEWS! I can finally see what the rest of you guys have been enjoying!
I'm Catstatic!!

Scott

·
Premium Member
3,404 Posts
Steve, I should say thats great news, thats gonna be alot of help to alot of people. Thanx.

Rick

·
Registered
159 Posts
That is fantastic. I can finally access the site again!
Woo Hoo!!!!!!!!!!!
My car might have a chance!

·
Premium Member
2,048 Posts
I got the email, I figured I'd let Jim or yourself make the announcement... :)

I think it's great that the archives are online, and it doesn't bother me one bit that it's not on this site. I don't know that I really need the additional bandwidth costs that the archives would undoubtedly generate!

Between all the sites I operate on this server, we burn through an easy 50gb of bandwidth per month!!

So, the important thing is that the archives are online to stay!!! Yeeeehaw!!! :D Many thanks to Steve and the CCC for making it happen!

·
Premium Member
1,915 Posts
Thanks Steve!
Excellent news as I was frantically reading up all I could.
Garey
:burnout::beer::burnout:

·
Registered
21 Posts
Thanks Steve and Gary and everyone else for your hard work! Now I don't have to print off all of those tech projects I want to do!

·
Premium Member
5,758 Posts
STEVE and gary, its good to hear a piece of cougar memorabilia is being saved. It be a total tradegy if we lost some good info likt the TCCN has . Glad to hear its being saved for all of us cougar fanatics to enjoy
thanks
pat

·
Registered
600 Posts
Steve and Gary thank you for all your hard work and dedication!
It's good to let the new people that never had the chance to look through them. I hope to see it around for generations to come!

On a side note:
Can any one please help me find my username and password for TCCN i registerd but I had to format my PC and i lost a ton of info including most of my passwords.
Please contact me via PM and i will provide my name and other infor that should be in there.
THANKS
Dave

1 - 20 of 35 Posts