Mercury Cougar Owners banner

1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
Registered
648 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am going to try to put together a Twin Cities (Minneapolis, St. Paul & suburbs) club going. Are there any Cougar owners out there that would be interested in it?

It seems on this site there aren't very many members that are from Minnesota.

Anyone...class? Buehler???

Ken

·
Registered
885 Posts
Of course the good news is you set the dues, elect the officers (you), win all the club contests, and make the rest of the decisions...

Steve C.

·
Registered
676 Posts
kvinmn said:
6 months and nothing.

I guess I'll have fun at the next meeting...:)
Musta missed this one...

I'm interested in the club, but have little time...

·
Registered
648 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Wow...I shoulda bumped this one sooner!

leonbray..honorary shmonorary...you can be treasurer...we gotta make something on the exchange rate, right??? :) I gotta stop by the dealership and let them know one of their cats is in South Africa!!!

Tim B have them email me @ [email protected]

Neal...no time eh? Guess you'll have to be president...they don't do anything anyway...:)

Seriously, I'll see where we are later this spring and shoot for getting something together by July...

Ken

·
Contributing Member
5,865 Posts
Oops...confused on that one...I really meant Australia...
Ken - it was red with black interior 70 428 XR7 convertible delivered late February 1970. THey kept it for a year before it was sold.

Be interested if anyone there remembers the car

·
Registered
648 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Prestige is about a mile from where I work. I'll buzz over there next week during lunch and see what the dealership is like and whether they have any records, etc dating back that far.

·
Registered
676 Posts
kvinmn said:
Neal...no time eh? Guess you'll have to be president...they don't do anything anyway...:)

Seriously, I'll see where we are later this spring and shoot for getting something together by July...

Ken
Yeah, treasurer runs the club, after all they have the money...

Sounds good, Ken, I appreciate you starting things up.

·
Registered
648 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Well, we're building a new house this spring!!!

I guess we'll have to wait until July to get a meeting orgainized. I did get the CCOA 'club in a box' download and I'll see what I can get done in the interim.

I haven't seen any emails ([email protected]) from any locals...

Ken

·
Registered
648 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I'm baaaaa-aaaaaack....:)

68 KAT isn't going anywhere...literally...

I am going to go forward with this idea this winter. All you MN cats...time to step up!!!

More details will follow.

Ken

·
Registered
1,717 Posts
Duluth reporting in...

I know of only one other Cougar in the area... a 70 'vert with Eliminator accents added. It's 4 blocks from me. So our neighborhood has a very high concentration of Cougars, but no others for a hundred miles (that I know of).

·
Premium Member
6,980 Posts
Contact the CCOA, they may be able to help you with Minnesota state members or at least mention your efforts in the Quarterly edition of At the Sign of the Cat.

·
Registered
30 Posts
hi new to the cougar world just got a 71 convertable and luvin it i live in farmington and would go to duluth alot let me know if u want to cruise before snow flies thanks

·
Registered
648 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
I'd love to but alas, 68KAT is in pieces in the garage...

This winter will require a bit of work and a bit more $$$ to do the things I want to do to her. With any luck, I'll be better than ever in April!!!

Ken

1 - 20 of 37 Posts