Mercury Cougar Owners banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
8,194 Posts
Alternator for sure. I have a set of Taurus horns in my Cougar.

Oh, wait, you have a 99 Cougar. Probably nothing then.

·
Registered
1,291 Posts
But you'll never make any money trying to sell the radiator fan and shroud assembly; especially if it's a V6 Taurus. Tell you what, I'll take it off your hands (as long as it runs) and even pay the shipping cost!

(Sssssshhhhh, boys, he might actually believe me on this one!) :evil:

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
But you'll never make any money trying to sell the radiator fan and shroud assembly; especially if it's a V6 Taurus. Tell you what, I'll take it off your hands (as long as it runs) and even pay the shipping cost!

(Sssssshhhhh, boys, he might actually believe me on this one!) :evil:
im not trying to make money. i mean if i get some money it will be nice but this car is just sitting there and it needs to be gone. so beofre i junk it and let the junk yard do its work i rather pick couple parts out my self. i wonder if the transmition is any good also the short block :)

·
Registered
1,291 Posts
Seriously; grab the entire fan/shroud assembly with about as much of the wire harness as you can lay your hands upon. Very good "trading material" for guys with older muscle cars; as those fan assemblies are the topic of many articles on keeping radiators cool on big old perfromance cars. Not much of anything on a Taurus does anything for "hot-rod" type cars.

Wait - what does the trunk latch assembly look like - not the lock cylinder into which you put the key; the metal latch assembly inside the trunk lid?

·
Registered
1,291 Posts
And "south California" isn't quite descriptive enough.... if you live in Winterhaven or Bard; I'll come over and look at the fan and trunk latch tomorrow and even bring some cash!
L.A., not very likely..... Too much of California is "Southern".

(Shoot, I drove through Winterhaven on my way to Bard just this morning. Loaded 3/4-ton of "alfalfa/bermuda mix" hay and brought it over to my side of The River to pile on my stack. Didn't think to look around for any junker Taurii on the reservation, though.)

·
Registered
8,194 Posts
Is it a 3.8 or a 3.0?

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
3.0 v6
cosmetically looks good no mayor oil leaks at all.
i would love to open the transmition and lubricated it and put it back together. you would thinking a car sitting for couple years its fluids are gone by now

·
Registered
8,194 Posts
What part of "South California"?

What model Taurus? L, GL, LX?

What color is the front seat? Is it in good condition? Electric?

1 - 14 of 14 Posts